PDA

View Full Version : when you buy 993 turbo discs, do you get the bells with them?

pantswagen
March 25th 2007, 15:55
??????????

JIMP
March 25th 2007, 16:21
I got the 993 turbo front discs from a Porsche dealer, yes they came with the hat ready mounted on the disc. They're heavy because the hats are steel (not as some aftermarket sets that come with aluminum hats). The hats are painted with something like primer -not something of high quality in any way. The rear discs have the hat integrated, like the 944 ones

Friendly

JIMP

pantswagen
March 25th 2007, 17:56
thanks my mind is at esae
-just been reading that you have to drill them off to affix custom offset hats

-now i have the predicament about
is a big red, a 928s4
http://www.pelicanparts.com/MotorCity/wmv/brakes.htm
-clearly the only difference is the pad?
-my calipers look like they need a 58mm pad
-is it just a case of the same pad, with 10mm less meat on it?
-surely, they are the same casting
-one for a 305/32
-one to reach the 322/32

-does any one care to tell me th eoverall height of the 993 turbo discs - ie are they 76mm, i would guess not, as the custom hats all seem to be about 2 inch = 50mm, the disc 32mm, so total =about 80mm = stock 964 disc height

-now i'm a bit scared, as i dont want to refurb my calipers, then buy the discs, and pads and they dont work!!!

pantswagen
March 25th 2007, 18:03
i am stinking, the calipers are the same, just that th e red ones mount to th e front, the black ones to the rear

-ie they are a similar casting, but the bore 36/44 is a different way up - plus the spring clip hinge to the bottom

-hense ones red ones black, so as not to confuze:eek:
and they made a pad surface smaller so as not to overhang the 305 discs
-for the smaller wheels?

-???????????????

-no, ?

pantswagen
March 25th 2007, 18:09
i am stinking, the calipers are the same, just that th e red ones mount to th e front, the black ones to the rear

-ie they are a similar casting, but the bore 36/44 is a different way up - plus the spring clip hinge to the bottom

-hense ones red ones black, so as not to confuze:eek:
and they made a pad surface smaller so as not to overhang the 305 discs
-for the smaller wheels?

-???????????????

-no, ?

Chris Percival
March 27th 2007, 05:48
I'm using 933 rears on the front of my bug.. :)

http://www.fastbug.net/drupalfiles/images/DSC01154.preview.JPG

These disks came from German & Swedish...