PDA

View Full Version : Non-Vdubbers

bugsoup
August 8th 2002, 21:15
Some people baffle me. I can't go one day without someone suggesting that I put a heavy, gas guzzling V8 in my Beetle. What would these people say if, for instance, I suggested that they put a Hemi in their Ford. Gasp. Why do they torture me with their stupidity?

bren
August 9th 2002, 05:30
i regularly get know-alls telling me that "porsche911 engines bolt straight in the back of these y'know"

yeah whatever pal!

Sandeep
August 9th 2002, 09:57
Ya,

I was filling up with fuel last night at the station and the guy next to me said...'that doesn't sound like a beetle....do you have a 911 engine in there ?'

I said 'stock engine, header and an exhaust'......

Funny...he was driving a civic with the biggest aluminum race wing I have ever seen on ANY car.

Sandeep

bugsoup
August 9th 2002, 17:21
Speaking on 911 engines. I was just at a Honduh dealer and the salesman said that once when he was hitchhiking, Paul Newman picked him up in a Beetle with a 911 engine in back. I just shook my head and said "Really, that's interesting. I didn't know they would fit." I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt that it could have been a T4 and just added that it was from a 911 to sound impressive. I dunno.

NYBugman1972
August 12th 2002, 11:36
Ignorance is bliss....