PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Up Porsche Gauges.

GUTTERS
December 4th 2002, 15:43
I HAVE A SET OF GAUGES FROM A 924s I NEED TO KNOW WHAT PIN NUMBERS DO ON EACH GAUGE, THERE IS THREE GAUGES IN TOTAL. ONE HAS A ROUND TWELVE PIN PLUG, AND THE SPEEDO HAS TWO WIRES GO TO THE REV COUNTER ONE IS RED AND THE OTHER IS GREEN. HELP PLEASE AS IVE GOT TO GET THESE WORKING ASAP. CHEERS. :confused:

Oliver Knuf
December 6th 2002, 12:45
Could you picture that as I don't have 924 instruments here (rarely used in beetles) and I need something to describe! The 12-pin plug should be easy explained from a Porsche dealer, as this is a multiplug, but I can't say more!

Oliver Knuf
December 16th 2002, 04:26
I've got a customer here, who sells many 914, 924 gauges, that are all converted to beetle with straight glasses, included oil temp or oil pressure gauges in the multi-gauges, speedos, tachs, all for a small amount. Interested?

57mutant
December 16th 2002, 12:34
Morning Oliver
I'd be interested in seeing your customers stuff. Would I be able to get a complete matching set of gauges? Say the speedo, tach, head temp. oil temp. and fuel gauge (the last 3 possibly in a multi-gauge). Pictures of the stuff would be nice. Let me know.
Carl

Oliver Knuf
December 17th 2002, 04:10
I'll see, what I can do. I phone him, take some pictures and post them.

57mutant
December 17th 2002, 09:52
Good morning Oliver

Cool. Looking forward to seeing the pics. I'll call you mid week to get an update on the engine. Have a good day.

Carl

Oliver Knuf
January 9th 2003, 05:49
Hi!

ok I found the number setting to the round plug from 1 to 12.

1 is temprature sender input
2 is minus
3 is internal light
4 is light for hi-beam
5 is turn signal light
6 is oil warning light
7 is plus
8 is tank
9 is warning light to reserve tank
10 is emergency brake light
11 battery
12 plus

The last two are not definite, as they are switched-plus or either direct plus! Sorry!