PDA

View Full Version : Intro.

Slatts
May 16th 2007, 22:55
I have been lurking in here for a little bit, and thought I would post to introduce myself.

I live up near Wasaga Beach, in Stayner to be exact, and last summer I bought a 67 Bus (Riviera camper). I also bought a 57 Oval (Horizon Blue) in the fall which I am currently working on getting certified. The Bus got daily driven all last summer, and will be torn apart to fix some of the rust issues once the Bettle is on the road. I bought the bus on a whim, and over paid, but got a great deal on the oval which is what I was looking for from the start, so I've enjoyed it so far.

I know this site is GermanLook, and although I like the look, it's not what I have planned for either of my VW's. Why am I posting in a GermanLook forum then? I used to have an 84 Jetta GLI 2 door, in mars red, and a 74 SP2 from Brazil. This was in the late 80's and early 90's, and there were alot of VW clubs and shows around. After buying the bus, I realized there is really not an active community in the Southern Ontario area like there used to be. All the big show have shrunk or died. All the guys I knew back then, I didn't really keep in contact with and the ones I did no longer have their VWs. This small group here seems to be the most active online, and the most willing to help each other, so I thought this forum would be a good place to start to get back into making VW contacts again.

I am not a very active poster, but I will try to chip in if I have anything to add, and look forward to getting out to a few cruises and shows this summer.

This seems kind of rambling, so I'll stop now.

Matthew

Glock
May 16th 2007, 23:21
Welcome Matthew,even though this is a germanlook website ,we all pretty much seem to be about keeping a tight knit community and scene alive! So I'm sure you will be welcomed with open arms!!!

Sandeep
May 17th 2007, 09:06
Hi Matthew,

Welcome aboard. It does not matter to us if you are into the "German Look/Style" or not, as long as you have a passion for aircooled's and want to keep them on the road.

Looking forward to seeing the bus and oval, as I have had thoughts of buying a bus or an oval.

Sandeep

oasis
May 17th 2007, 09:13
Too bad you don't still have the SP-2. That could be a dynamite German Looker.

Slatts
May 17th 2007, 10:38
Too bad you don't still have the SP-2. That could be a dynamite German Looker.

Ya, I wish I still had it too. I tried to buy it back last year, but the owner won't part with it. It's funny because he hasn't moved it since I sold it to him, yet won't sell it back to me.