PDA

View Full Version : new side markers

zen
December 4th 2002, 16:38
just ordered me a pair of these...
http://www.c1vw.com/images/Inpro%20MKIV%20Grey%20Side%20Markers.jpg

$41US/pair including shipping (from Calgary to Georgia). has lens, bulb, and wiring. not too bad considering VW wanted $75/pair plus i would have had to smoke them. and these are smoked although they don't look it much in the pic. hopefully the quality is there. they are german at least.

got them to match the attached tailights from memoimports.com (phat73vw, dude with the red vert with focals). should look sweet on silver.

eldavid
December 4th 2002, 19:16
I like!!! Where did u order them from?
-emerson

vujade
December 4th 2002, 20:19
love them....who sells them?

zen
December 5th 2002, 09:44
i bought them from http://www.c1vw.com. they are made by in.pro out of germany. their website it http://www.in-pro.de. i didn't bother with translating the page. go to "design" then "seitenblinker". there have a pretty cool collection. frankly, i liked some better than the ones i bought, but they would not have fit the look of the car. the audi tt ones are pretty cool. you can even order straight from them, but i was getting an error i didn't feel like translating when the pricing was about the same from canada.

vujade
December 5th 2002, 09:55
Zen

I was actually considering those taillights from Memo too...
though they done carry them anymore :(

zen
December 5th 2002, 10:03
lol. great minds think alike. maybe we should start comparing all of our purchases. :)

i think i got one of the last pairs. they were on clearance at the time. they have a similar pair that is smoked much darker and has a white b/u light fluted spot on it. not bad.

bren
December 5th 2002, 10:58
what do you think of the quality of those memo light? i have a pair of the smoked rears and all seemed to be fine except they dont seal at all well.. when i pulled em apart to reseal them they are of pretty poor constructiobn inside.. i eneded up rewiring them and reworking most of the sealing faces... not bad for the money, but once shipping to the UK is taken into account theres much better out there..

zen
December 5th 2002, 12:05
no reflection on memo since they don't make them, but the contruction is pretty cheap. the ones i have are all plastic and the inside paint was substandard. i had a similar problem with ones i ordered from so cal imports. i returned those for these.

as you said, for the money, not bad, but it will take a but of work to get them to what they should be. there just aren't a lot of quality aftermarket items out there.

we'll see what the quality on these side markers is like. i don't really have my hopes up.

factman
December 25th 2002, 03:56
hey, about those side markers. are those for the new VW's or are you putting them on an old one? if an old one where is it going to go? sam

factman
December 25th 2002, 04:02
hey zen are those tailights '74-. do they offer those in the smaller ones for a '70 bug? those are way bad looking. and i thought those other euro ones looked cool. those are even cooler. very nice.

vujade
December 25th 2002, 10:06
factman

you would need to change to the 73 & up fender in order to use those taillights. That is what I will be doing on my 71 1302

zen
December 25th 2002, 17:32
Originally posted by factman
hey, about those side markers. are those for the new VW's or are you putting them on an old one? if an old one where is it going to go? sam

they are for the new beetle as well as some other models. i will just be cutting a hole in the quarter panel for them.

factman, i have widened CCC fenders that had the frenched teardrops. i just cut out what i needed. due to the fender not being molded for the standard tails, i had to tilt my tails for mount flush. i was cussing at first, but it ended up looking kind of cool, IMHO. neccessity is the mother...

factman
December 26th 2002, 03:32
hey zen, where did you guy those euro tailights that fit the '74- rear fenders?

zen
December 26th 2002, 10:26
memoimports.com

Phat73VW
December 27th 2002, 05:08
i likes them ZEN should look sweet once installed. the tailights look just as sweet. i cant wait to see pics of them all on your ride. thanx for the referral for your purchase and thanx for buying from my homie MEMO. i have new pics coming up soon of my car ill send ya and share with everyone else. i hope to make some major mods after the new year and of course $$$$ permitting. :)
keep up the PHAT rides everyone!!!

zen
December 27th 2002, 10:56
thanks phat. i was very happy with the service. have been and will continue to recommend MEMO. i will be getting my car back in late jan. shooting to complete by no later than june. i will get some pics for the MEMO site to ya when i can.

Vyper
January 16th 2003, 19:54
Originally posted by Phat73VW
i likes them ZEN should look sweet once installed. the tailights look just as sweet. i cant wait to see pics of them all on your ride. thanx for the referral for your purchase and thanx for buying from my homie MEMO. i have new pics coming up soon of my car ill send ya and share with everyone else. i hope to make some major mods after the new year and of course $$$$ permitting. :)
keep up the PHAT rides everyone!!!

Zen: should have bought the audi ones mate, they ahve a silver deflector in them that hides the amber side marker bulb! No fried eggs!

Brian: yup they would set off the memo's a treat, I've got a red set of em as yo will remember I've used the reverse bit as an indicator (UK = amber indicators!) However I've dropped m3 side markers into my wing mirrors, refitted em with led strips... that'll do me!!! :D

Later

Vyper

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/96a121cc/bc/GT+Beetle++Evil-ution!/mirrors!!!.jpg?bcZu0J.Af959S08x
:silly:

j-pizzle
July 6th 2007, 00:09
ZEN...
do you have a picture of your ride with those tails installed ?

Vyper
July 6th 2007, 01:12
ZEN...
do you have a picture of your ride with those tails installed ?

Blast from the past... haven't been here for a while! ;)

http://shutter09.pictures.aol.com/data/pictures/13/007/5F/EF/89/D0/xNqvg202CZ7s3k3NNCazlp+dWyYUTwih0258.jpg

Tail lights and front/rear bumper setup. Re sealing... the memo's are sealed with silicon to stop water getting in, (UK is a little bit wetter than So Cal don't yah know! ;)).
Well now I'm back I won't be a stranger!

Vyper

zen
July 6th 2007, 08:51
here you go...

the reflectivity is crap though. i still need to do something to fix that situation. i have a 3rd light installed, but not wired yet and still feel the need to address the tails brightness.

vyper, welcome back!

j-pizzle
October 1st 2007, 01:50
...got 'em :D
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/vdub_super/74%20VW%20beetle/S5000456-1.jpg~original