PDA

View Full Version : type 3 rotors for porsche wheels

Thorkhild
December 4th 2002, 22:24
I need to get some front rotors w/ the 5 lug porsche pattern for my 68 fasty with a front beam from a 73. Any suggestions?

chigger
December 5th 2002, 01:09
The T3 rotors are the same as a Ghia. Same bearings and everthing. Bunches of people sell the rotors with the Porsche pattern. I like the CSPs because they have thick flanges and the porsche wheel locating ring. The redrilled Ghia rotors don't have the holes in the reinforcement ribs. You may also need lug bolts with longer threads.
Also a T3 is easier to lower, because the front end is the same as the rear. It uses indexible one piece torsion bars. Lowering will however effect other things. Hope it helps.

Thorkhild
December 10th 2002, 01:49
Problem is that i have the later styled front beam in my mid type 3. it uses bigger calipers and larger rotors (early type 4). They are not the ghia/bug rotors. If i can find out if teh wheel bearings are teh same i should be able to use the aftermaket ghia rotors. If not i guess i'll go with teh re-drill option.

chigger
January 6th 2003, 00:21
That is interesting. The rotors on my bug are 4 bolts off a T3 and the calipers are the same as the T3s. If the later models had T4 brakes it may be a cheap upgrade for me. Thanks.