PDA

View Full Version : Ah Fook!

gonebuggy
June 3rd 2007, 00:14
Well coming home tonight along the 401, after a hot date. this car of kids pull up beside me as i'm doing about 120, and i KNOW i can take them....

So i drop it to third and pass them, go to throw it into 4th, and the FN shifter pulls right out of the base! damn 30 year old hurst! so i miss the shift, the kids pass me..... god i hate moments like that.

So i'm on the side of the road in the dark thinking, well i just lost a easy race, and now im f'ed out of luck. THEN a cop pulls up behind me! luckily he didnt see my earlier shinannigans, asked if i need help "i'm alright officer, i have tools I can fix it"

So i grab my ratchet and used that as my shifter for the rest of the ride home! It was tough at first finding gears (and i didnt want to find REVERSE LOL)

What a night, at least i got a second date! :D

Alex

Komet
June 3rd 2007, 04:07
You got the kind with the two nylon plates that screw together with a nut on bottom? Mine did this to me a couple times as well, but my car only goes a little more than half as fast as yours lol.

I took it apart, cleaned it really good and put fresh grease in, and put loctite on the screws and cinched it up real tight. That was a couple years ago and it hasn't ever come apart since.

Sandeep
June 3rd 2007, 11:57
WOW !

Glad you had the tools to fix it. I have a tool box in my bug as well.

Sandeep

chug_A_bug
June 3rd 2007, 12:16
Dude that Soo Sucks F@$ken Ricers
See what they make us Do lol

Sweet on the Sec date tho ;)

Chris.

petevw
June 5th 2007, 04:44
ummmm yeah.... So there was this guy, i mean a friend, and he was doing a burnout in front of my high school. Wheelhopped soooo bad, the tranny nosecone broke!:eek: huh no more gears it was a terrible drive home.:o

chug_A_bug
June 10th 2007, 23:11
HAHA good one Pete
what did you have back in the day?

Chris.

big daddy
June 12th 2007, 06:31
Soooooo! What about the date, how embarrassing was that? It's going to be a loooooong summer.:mad:

petevw
June 12th 2007, 19:15
HAHA good one Pete
what did you have back in the day?

Chris.

Stock 1600dp with top secret "ram air" technology. Had a hose from the fan shroud heater box oulet plumbed into the airbox which housed a wicked SPAX airfilter. Header with a single quietpack.

The super was dropped, with 185/60/15's streched over 15x4's, and 15x4.5's.

She would chirp 2nd easy.:D

Last week of July 2000 (no condos on the Toronto skyline). The day before the 2332cc project began.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/petevw/72%20super/bug---humber-park.jpg~original