PDA

View Full Version : Heya, molders/fiber workers?

Steps
December 5th 2002, 13:51
Hiya,

Recently I have been looking at a project Speedster, with some mods. Such as headlamp, taillamp and side indicator lighting. There is a French company called PGO that is making a Speedster II style body that I like.

Let me see if I can upload these images here so you might give me a heads up if any of you have done these sorts of mods to your bodies at all.

Thanks,

Charlie

Steps
December 5th 2002, 13:52
This is the headlamp mod, looks much cleaner if you think about it. Check it out.

kdanie
December 5th 2002, 16:18
I really like the headlight treatment, don't like the tail lights at all.
just my opinion.
ken

Steps
December 5th 2002, 17:09
Yeah man, as far and that headlight goes, it really does seem like a very smooth job! I do like it's looks. This of course would look primo, in my own un-informed opinion on a flared Speedster. I think the stock or vintage ones look just fine with the headlamps and such.

What I am wondering is if the headlamp was 'formed' or glassed in, or if it is stuck in the hole that way and manufactured to just sit in the way it does. I din't know enough about body work to look for design que's. Hence posting here for the fab up fiber/composite workers top give me a heads up.

zen
December 5th 2002, 18:58
hate the taillights. like the headlights. check this one out...

PapaG
December 5th 2002, 20:00
Look like the headlights on my daughters New Bettle.

Steps
December 5th 2002, 22:58
Oh yeah Zen that is righteous! Thanks, nice and clean man!

Martice
December 6th 2002, 05:35
Yes, thats the French company that is using a peugeot engine in this Speedster body....thats wrong! :)

Martin

SPEEDY57TUB
January 8th 2003, 11:39
Not aircooled! Man, total descrecration, total....!:hurl:

vujade
January 8th 2003, 12:14
i think those headlights definitely look like new beetle headlights to me

zen
January 8th 2003, 12:15
Originally posted by SPEEDY57TUB
Not aircooled! Man, total descrecration, total....!:hurl:

true. true. at least it isn't a chevy V-8 though.