PDA

View Full Version : So ya...

chug_A_bug
June 29th 2007, 20:00
haha I'm just weird... but SO Ya hows everyone Doing?
hows everyones Projects? please do tell
BTW... so whens the next July meet too?
oh hows the NSU coming Alex going to be on the road Soon

Chris.

P.S lets Start helping eachother to get these things on the road lol

gonebuggy
June 29th 2007, 20:36
Well,
I'm doing alright, little snags with both the bug and bus projects. But that's all part of the fun.

Waiting on a new output shaft for the bug, and the proper connecting rod bearings for the bus.

How is yours oming along Chris?

Alex

chug_A_bug
June 30th 2007, 16:33
hey well I'm doing good the 69 just Sits haha and waits and the 74 it's in the shop but I took a case down last monday and it's not going to work
So Johns looking around for something for me, but I have been I have the 1.8 T4 case that I got from Brain so I may just build that Stock for now just to get me on the road again thoughts??
and it's a LOW BUGGET build too

Chris.

petevw
July 1st 2007, 10:09
Chris, by LOW BUGGET do you mean turbo kit?

I'm still waiting to get my carbs back from rebuild.:mad: Was suposed to get them back in time for last weekend events. That why i spent the $$$ to expedite them out. What a waste.

I really wish shops/suppliers would give a honest timeline when quoting!

For almost 3 months i've been trying to get the super on the road with the 1600dp. Had i known, i would have build another stroker.

chug_A_bug
July 1st 2007, 13:19
hey Pete
well we can all just go down to the Shop and kick butt and get your carbs back lol
and about the turbo well I was talking to Brian at the JJB for a few mins I'm going to find a turbo and re-build it and brian is going to help build a header for it :D
so that will cut Cost...

Chris.

Rob
July 1st 2007, 14:07
Hey Guys,

haven't been around much... work has me going to Calgary (Medicine Hat actually) every week, so there is not much time left...

I actually took the bug out for a little test drive, ran ok, but a little hot.
I'm waiting for a larger tankoutlet I ordered from aircooled.net. Once that's in I'll put that in, take out the quick steer kit, see if I can get rid of the play in the steering box (new box), install some sound deadening, fix the rear apron....

I did get the rear quarter windows in though, was easier than I expected :)

I also have 2 seat bases I need to install, but it turns out I need to cut the existing seat rails, so I gotta figure out how to do that first.

Rob.

chug_A_bug
July 1st 2007, 15:04
hey rod I had to Cut my existing seat rails too I just
got a cut off wheel and Zipped them of and then grind and smooth
it just takes some time...

Chris.

Sandeep
July 2nd 2007, 09:33
Toasted the clutch with the new boost controller

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prpzgDPwD7M

I'm going to try and drive it with the EBC off and see if I still have a clutch.

I'm putting in some Sparco seats this weekend and fabbing up new seat rails.

SAndeep

petevw
July 2nd 2007, 15:09
Nice vid. How did you mount the cam?:)

Is the blow off valve in the cabin? Sounded pretty loud. So what you going to do for a clutch disk? I have my 4 puck here (from the 2332) if you want to try it out. Doesn't look to cute but i'm sure it will be ok.

chug_A_bug
July 2nd 2007, 17:16
hey Sandeep sweet vid
nice house
love the blow off that's hot haha
to bad about the Clutch

Chris.

Sandeep
July 2nd 2007, 22:29
Thanks Guys.

The BOV is right under the rear parcel tray so ya, you can hear it :o

I mounted the cam to the seat headrest with a piece of aluminum and 4 zip ties :D

I'm looking for a 228mm vanagon FW right now, ordering a KEP stage 2 PP and looking for a 228mm clutch. I need to hold somewhere around 250 - 300 ft lbs ... thinking ahead to the 2.4L @ 18 psi.

I had the EBC set to 19 psi and I was slipping the stock clutch in 2nd gear. The stock clutch / PP is supposed to be good for 180 - 200 ft lbs.

I'll try and drive it tomorrow night with the EBC shut off and see if the clutch can still grab ... if not, I'm off the road till I can get the new setup.

Sandeep

petevw
July 3rd 2007, 07:45
Sandeep, there is a company in Burlington that rebuilds/relines clutches. I think it's Euroline, Eurodrive or something like that. Could they reline your clutch with a better material for your needs?

Last minute VW cruise/meet this Wednesday (tomorrow), info from Lanner:

Meet at Lanners at 6:30, and cruise to 'Californias' on North Service Rd in Mississauga. It's a plaza between Dixie and Cawthra. Wednesday nights is usually a pretty big car meet there.

Who can make it?

I'll be rolling in the TDI. :mad:

Slatts
July 3rd 2007, 11:06
Damn, wish I wasn't so far away. I have been to Californias a few times with a group of Subaru guys, and a few Xrt4i's (anyone remember those cars?), there is usually alot of cars there.

chug_A_bug
July 3rd 2007, 14:02
I can Show up in the good old Honda lol
but I Need more Details

thanks

Chris.

flat
July 3rd 2007, 22:27
Wednesdays cruise meets at my place in 'Sauga, in the Burnhamthrope/Mavis area at 6.30. Call me (or text) if you don't know where I live..905.302.3087. We'll head down to California's for a little bit....Tis always a good time.

Lanner

flat
July 4th 2007, 18:50
:( Rained out...so sad.