PDA

View Full Version : Summer meets

flat
July 17th 2007, 22:12
Hey,

Just putting out my opinion, shouldn't we hit some old car cruises for the good weather monthly meets? For the winter, sitting inside the pub is fine, but we gotta enjoy the sun. Crash a show, that's my motto. Wednesday nights at Caliofornias (North service road in 'sauga) is a hot cruise. Same story, sit at the pub if you wish, but atleast there are another 100+ ol' cars!

You down?

gonebuggy
July 17th 2007, 22:37
Lanner, i COULD NOT AGREE MORE!

you have no idea how much it kills me to not of been able to make it to both the JJB and the KW show. My car will be back together in a couple of weeks, and i'll be there with you man. So the last little while i've had to settle with bench racing at the pub.

Alex

chug_A_bug
July 17th 2007, 22:56
Lanner you are DA man I get my car back Wed So I'm good for anytime after that Just let me know man Cell 289-237-1259 and that go's for any one else that Just wants to Drive around haha

Chris.

petevw
July 17th 2007, 23:19
Lanner, when i'm not on shift, you know i'll do what i can to make it. I agree the pub meets should be left for after the summer shows/cruises/meets. So lets get a list of weekly sheduled meets.

Sunday -> 403 and Dundas

Wednesday -> Californias

Saturday -> Canadian Tire's Street Classic Cruisers show/meet at Queensway and East Mall

Aaron got any to add? Where are the waterpumper VW's meeting up these days?

The Vapor BBQ should be crashed by the aircooler's again this year! That's a good meet. I won't be able to do my customary burnout/fishtails leaving this year. :( Anyone got a date?

Bugfest is in August.

What else is on the agenda?

Greg's heading out to Cayuga this Saturday in the Turbo Oval for some test 'n' tune. Who's interested in going? I may take the super to challenge the personal best of 19.2 @ 62. I layed it down almost 10yrs ago with the 1600dp. I read all the sponsor signage down the track wall. :laugh:

Pete

chug_A_bug
July 18th 2007, 00:14
Hey well I know Every Sunday on the Hamilton Beach Front theres about
50+ cars (mostly Rice) some Classic, Hot girls Food and Funn if anyones up for that and thur Night in Stoney Creek on HWY 20 there's a Classic car show

Chris.

Sandeep
July 18th 2007, 10:13
Great plan Lanner.

We hit the Woodbridge meet on Monday and the best part for me was the drive down and the drive back :D Lots of cool cars as well.

I don't really get the time to drive my car during the week, its only on weekends and there is a slim chance that I will drive it anyways.

With a few meets a week or even every other week, it keeps my enthusiasm up and I really look forward to the next drive.

Lets do a weekly meet while the weather is nice .... Lanner, keep sending the text messages and I will meet whenever I can.

When is the test'n' tune happening at Cayuga ? I might be able to make it in the afternoon if you guys are still there ... I'll be bringing the V70 and the family ! :D

Sandeep

volksdragon
July 18th 2007, 20:44
i'm up for crashing some shows, if my schedule allows.

i'm daily driving mine so i'm sure i can make at least a couple

how about the 5 Drive in at some point?

chug_A_bug
July 20th 2007, 00:20
Soooo Who's up for a cruise Next Week then?
maybe Wed and Hit up that Caliofornias

Chris.

TunedPerfection
July 20th 2007, 08:37
Lanner, I really appreciate all the text messages as well. My '56 is in Grimsby so I have not been driving it much. It will be home in August though. Working on putting the '59 vert together now.
I will be at TMP on Saturday, but only until 2 at the very latest. Just want to run the car one last time this year before I put the street tires back on the back, KYB's all around instead of the Competition Engineering adjustables, drop the back end, and drive it on the street as much as I can.

petevw
July 20th 2007, 18:07
Greg i'm gonna try and make it out. No beetle. I'll be on 2 wheels. :D

TunedPerfection
July 20th 2007, 23:37
That's a pretty long trek on a bicycle.....:laugh:

Hope to see you there. Even my own dad backed out on me so I'm going solo...

petevw
July 21st 2007, 00:07
Lanner, how was the cruise tonight?

Going to the Street Custom Classic meet at Crappy tire tommorrow(Sat)?

flat
July 22nd 2007, 15:01
Yeah, Saturday was pretty good. Only 4 dubs rolling, but atleast I tried. Let's make it big for this Wednesday. I'll work out the details, but we'll meet around Queensway/Cawthra around 7ish. Make it happen guys.

Lanner

petevw
July 22nd 2007, 16:53
Couldn't come by Sat as a friend was in town from Montreal and a last minute BBQ was planned at his parents house. I was rolling the dub though.

I'm working day shift this week, so you name the place and i'll be there.

BTW: the super had been my daily for the last few days. :agree:

chug_A_bug
July 22nd 2007, 18:05
Hey Pete or anyone else I'm hoping to get my Bug back this Wed So if you want to go for a drive name a place and time I'll be there :D

Chris.

Sandeep
July 23rd 2007, 20:46
I'm there for Wednesday. I have a new program uploaded and need to test it out :D

Sandeep

chug_A_bug
July 23rd 2007, 21:56
Sweet NOw just Pray that I get my car back :)

and then on that note I have no Idea how to get there or you want to Meet up B4 and pull in together?

Chris.

CLKWRK
July 24th 2007, 10:27
Hey guys, thought I'd chime in

I have been super busy with the new house, I am hoping to get all my cars moved to my new place in the next few weeks so I can start putting my ghia back together. Till then I am vw-less :bawling:

Anyways, If you guys end up cruising by St. Catharines be sure to give me a ring.

Later, Bry

petevw
July 25th 2007, 13:27
Who's coming out tonight? I'll be there. Lanner, were are we meeting to cruise in?

Pete

Sandeep
July 25th 2007, 16:11
I'm in ... I think we are meeting somewhere near Lanners at 7pm before the cruise.

I've left Lanner a message on his cell, I'll be ready to roll from my house at 630pm

Sandeep

chug_A_bug
July 25th 2007, 17:19
Sorry guys I have to Bail cars will be ready tomorrow Hoping

Chris.

flat
July 25th 2007, 17:50
Can't do it guys. Driving back from NY as we speak. Won't get back in till late PM. Set up for saturday please...

Oh, and cell is dead too...sorry.

Lanner

petevw
July 25th 2007, 18:20
Terrible looks like it's a NOGO. :(

I'm in Saturday. Networks are calling for rain, but as you all know, the weather over the past week or 2 has been so....... inconsistent.

Sandeep
July 25th 2007, 18:27
Oh well. Looks like I'm hitting the back roads for some tuning then.

Sandeep

petevw
July 25th 2007, 18:39
Have fun! What did you end up doing with the clutch?

chug_A_bug
July 25th 2007, 19:14
Hey Soo what time then On Sat?

Chris.

Sandeep
July 26th 2007, 09:01
I figured out that the stock setup is good for 7-8 psi so that is my limit until the new PP/clutch comes in from Greg. Lanner has machined my 228mm fly so all parts should come together by the end of the month.

Then I can start worrying about CV's and axles :D

Sandeep

chug_A_bug
July 27th 2007, 17:14
Sooo I get my Car back tomorrow early AM
SO who's up for a Drive?

Chris.

petevw
August 2nd 2007, 09:27
California's last night was cool. Lots of cars/bikes. Great to see Sandeep out again.

Who's up to cruise Yonge St this caribana weekend? Probably park it, and enjoy the eye candy.:D

Sandeep
August 2nd 2007, 12:11
Californias was cool ... liked the GT40 ... too bad its still a Ford :D

The headlights "fixed" themselves on the drive home:shrug: so now I have trace the wires and see what the problem is.

I took Dixie home to the 401 and passed the truck weigh scales ... the bug with 1/8 tank of gas and me in it weighed 2235 lbs. Take me out of the equation and the car weighs 2065 lbs.

Before I applied the GL treatment to my bug, I weighed it at 1800 lbs with 1/4 tank, including the drum brakes 15" wheels / original fenders and no bumpers.

So the car is about 265 lbs heavier ... :eek: The 18" wheels and tires weigh 198 lbs alone. :bawling:

Sandeep