PDA

View Full Version : Serious Brake Trouble/Question

TitoRay
December 6th 2002, 20:07
I recently had Topline's Disc Brake kit installed at my local shop. They worked great until a couple of days ago while driving on the freeway, they went flat and I rear ended someone. I took the car back to the shop to have them find out what went wrong and to determine if the installers themselves were at fault. They said I should've known the brakes needed work because of a "dual-warning system" incorporated within the brakes. They described it as the brakes going soft to let you know. Well, the brakes were never soft and I don't see how they would need work right after they were installed. Has anybody ever heard of this "dual-warning" system? A full line of trust has not been developed between the shop and myself and I need to know if they are feedin me BS. Please help. :mad:

vujade
December 6th 2002, 21:29
tito

I am not sure about this myself, but If I was u, I would email topline (if you havent already) and aske them? I am sure john will be more then helpful....:)

sorry to hear about your wreck :(

Jim Andritsakos
December 7th 2002, 04:35
"Dual warning system" is the later dual brake circuit that operates in a diagonal F/R order : F left wheel & R right wheel and F right wheel & R left wheel.To still have brake in a case of a leak (two separate brake circuits at all).
Sorry to hear about your wreck.

TitoRay
December 7th 2002, 21:48
Thank you both for your help and your condolences(spelling?)!! Luckily the wreck wasn't too bad and nobody was hurt. The guy I hit was in a Jetta and there wasn't even a scratch on his car. Can't say the same for my hood, though.:)