PDA

View Full Version : Cruise

chug_A_bug
September 1st 2007, 17:52
Sooo guys how's things Been?

Soo who's up for a Criuse Sometime Next week??
let me Know

Chris.

petevw
September 2nd 2007, 02:04
California's Wednesday?

gonebuggy
September 2nd 2007, 13:49
Californias maaay work for me. My bus has been sold, and it will be getting picked up wednesday or thursday. So we'll see.

Cheers,

Alex

chug_A_bug
September 3rd 2007, 22:27
Hey Wed May work for Me too
I was Just Driving around on Sat and I was Stopped at the Lights and the Bug Just Died :confused:
So I pushed it off the Road and got out the Tools and Stated looking at it it Turned over Strong but just Wouldn't Fire then I Notedess that there was No gas in the Fuel Filter :rolleyes: So thought it wasn't getting gas So I called a Tow truck and got it towed home but when it got home the filter had Gas in it again So Now I think it's the Coil SO I'll Get Johns to Ship me one tomorrow and try that. So I may make it I may not.

:shrug:
Chris.

petevw
September 4th 2007, 06:35
Where are we meeting up?

Sandeep
September 4th 2007, 09:08
I'll try and meet up with you guys ..... the motor is out to replace a leaking gearbox input shaft seal .... I was wondering why my clutch started to slip this weekend ... swepco 201 on the clutch disc ... :mad:

Seal is fixed and motor goes back in tonight

Sandeep

big daddy
September 4th 2007, 21:55
Hey Boys long long time, let me tell you all working alone is hard my respects to those who works by themselves.

Yesterday I started my car after a few little hic-ups. My carbs we leaking, my floats where not adjusted properly and I had no spark to my Mallory Ignition Box. I got those sorted out and BAAAAAAAM :eek: ……For the first time in five years I finally heard the beast roar, what a RUSH. I was happy like Pig in S**T or ants on fat get my drift.

My next task tomorrow is to raise the car. The car was so low that my muffler is 1” off the floor. Looks awesome for not drivable unless I plan to change mufflers every two weeks. Tomorrow in my B’ day and I am gonna raise my suspension by two notches, adjust my clutch and try to meet you guys at California's . I will be needing directions and time of the venue.
Wish me luck and hopefully I will be there………….LATER…….LOL:cool:

Sandeep
September 5th 2007, 13:01
Got the motor installed last night, just need to install the manifolds and injectors. I'll probably meet you guys at Californias then.

Sandeep

petevw
September 5th 2007, 14:39
California's is in a plaza on the north side of the QEW between Dixie and Cawthra on the west side of the 427. The plaza is accessed from the North service road heading east from Cawthra. There is no access from Dixie.

We can either meet there, or at Dixie Mall by the Tim Hortons. Dixie mall is on the south side of the QEW east.

So, hows 7:30 at Dixie mall, then cruise on over to Californias for 8pm?

I'll take some pics.

chug_A_bug
September 5th 2007, 18:27
Sorry GUy I'm out Still Waiting on Parts for my car :(
so maybe next week

Chris.

big daddy
September 5th 2007, 19:08
Well another no show for me. :mad: The wife got plans which delayed my plans for the second start up, got home late so once again I am out. Over the weekend I will work my *** off to get this thing going properly. If anyone is intrested your more than welcome to my place, plus its a nice cruise.

In the garage, my new home for my vacation....LOL

petevw
September 6th 2007, 07:35
Last night there was 4 bugs and Lanner rolled in later with the bus. Started yapping for a while, and ended up being the last group of cars out of there at almost 11pm. Was a good night. Took my camera but left the battery in the charger at home.:banghead:

Next Wednesday?

petevw
September 12th 2007, 05:59
I'm going tonight. The summer is almost over.:(

gonebuggy
September 12th 2007, 08:26
cant, working late tonight:(

Alex

petevw
September 12th 2007, 09:54
Do you have a CNC mill in there?

gonebuggy
September 12th 2007, 19:53
Sure do Pete, have a couple actually. Why do you ask?

Alex

petevw
September 13th 2007, 00:05
Decklid standoff's for Greg.

gonebuggy
September 13th 2007, 07:42
How many pieces are we looking at? The ones i've seen are very simple, and wouldn't require cnc, unless he wanted more then say 20 pieces.

Remember, if it's done on the CNC it's through the shop ($75.00 an hour) but if it's done manual, it's done through me for significantly less.

So it comes down to 2 main things: The complexity/accuracy required and the number of pieces. If you're looking at having ones made similar to the one on Gregs car. Those are very simple to do on a manual machine, but I wouldn't want to do more then about 20 pieces.

Figure out what you guys want, and the quantity and get back to me. I'll see what we can do.

Alex

Sandeep
September 13th 2007, 09:19
Is this for a removable decklid like Greg has or just a stand-off (removable) ?

Thanks

Sandeep

TunedPerfection
September 13th 2007, 23:55
Sandeep, it's for the standoff at the bottom.
Alex, give me a price on making 19 :D
Pete, you asking so you can finish the one you're doing, or to make more?

petevw
September 14th 2007, 07:24
To make more for you. The one i'm trying to get together i should be done next week (night shift). I can only spend time on it when i'm not busy.

Pimping it out to a CNC shop is the way to go.

gonebuggy
September 14th 2007, 08:02
Alright, well I spoke with our main cnc guy, and it looks like I may be able to swing an after hours/under the table deal. So get me a sample, and a number of pieces. And I'll get a quote for you.

Alex

chug_A_bug
September 18th 2007, 21:09
California's Wednesday?

Who's In?

Chris.

petevw
September 18th 2007, 21:52
My super will be there, and Andrew with his '61 rag. 3rd week in a row. :D

The car count is getting way low as the summer is almost done.

chug_A_bug
September 18th 2007, 21:54
Sweet Pete can you tell me how to Get there coming From Stoney Creek
on the 401/QEW ?? it's off Dixie right?
thanks Chris.

petevw
September 19th 2007, 00:02
East on QEW, get off at Cawthra. North on Cawthra over the QEW and turn right down the North Service Road. Follow till you see the plaza on the right.

California's Restaurant
1077 North Service Road,
Mississauga, ON
L4Y 1A6

55OVLRAG
September 19th 2007, 14:59
I might be there tonight as well...

chug_A_bug
September 20th 2007, 10:01
WOW this Is A Huge Show you Guys Got to try to Make it Next Week

and thanks Pete For Showing up and Hanging out.

Chris.

petevw
September 20th 2007, 19:52
So i take it your coming again next week? :laugh:

Yup pretty big. Lots of everything. Cars/bikes.

4 bugs and 1 ghia last night.

gonebuggy
October 3rd 2007, 08:45
Pete/Greg

We're talking about a piece like this eh?

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=505416

I think i could be very competetive with that price.

Alex

CLKWRK
October 3rd 2007, 09:51
hey are you guys still going to californias on wednesdays?
Bryan

big daddy
October 5th 2007, 05:49
:D :D First time at California's on Wednesday:laugh: lol
I was shocked at the amount of cars that were there. This was my first time at California's and first time I took the car on a first long 1.5 hrs drive. Meet some new friends and we hooked up with Lanner and he took us to
California's. I the weather is still good, maybe one more last drive before I pack it in and pull the motor and tranny.:D it was funnnnnnnnnn......