PDA

View Full Version : BMW for Free!

Eatoniashoprat
November 7th 2007, 17:23
I was recently given a car! A 1981 BMW 528i, lots of miles, runs and drives great, tiny bit o'rust. Its the one with the bumpers that could double as a dinner table or a park bench. The best part is I have no obligation to fix it up or even keep it for that matter. I like the car but problem is it gets TERRIBLE fuel mileage, in the ball park of 18-20mpg on the highway! I think I'll drive it and probably sell it in the spring. Anybody know what these cars are worth? I've looked a few places but I can't seem to find another one like it forsale anywhere.

Mike

DORIGTT
November 8th 2007, 14:50
I owned a 325IS from 1987 and the bumpers where affectionately known as the 'diving board' bumpers.

Do a google search for 528 car club and the forums there should be able to assist you on the 'how much is it worth' thing.

Eatoniashoprat
November 8th 2007, 15:30
I owned a 325IS from 1987 and the bumpers where affectionately known as the 'diving board' bumpers.

Do a google search for 528 car club and the forums there should be able to assist you on the 'how much is it worth' thing.

Yah, I guess I'll have to join one of them there bimmer forums. Problem is now that I've been driving it I'm starting to like it! Except that I just found the rust in the floor :shocked:. I'm just impressed that for a 1981 the technology on it, no wonder bmw is 'top-of-the-line' ;)