PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 944 parts

Sandeep
December 14th 2007, 11:58
Hello,

I am looking for the following parts:

1. 944 stub axles for 100mm CV joints.
2. 944 axles, complete including axles and CV joints with boots.

I have many parts to trade or will buy outright.

Let me know.

Thanks

Sandeep

zen
December 14th 2007, 12:47
German Auto Dismantlers down here had buttloads a few years ago. I would imagine they still do. They can be a little pricey at times, but they always seem to have a good stock of parts. Worth checking if nothing else pans out.

wrenchnride247
December 14th 2007, 21:31
They still have a buttload of 944, and 911 parts. (and getting more all the time) The last time I was there they were almost done seperating all the brembo calipers into THREE LARGE wire baskets :eek: Also, many, many, many baskets of front hubs, axles with CV's, all year trailing arms, and stub axles. Haven't been down there in about five months, but they keep sending me broadcasts of new cars they get. Joe Cogbil is the owner and knows alot about Porsche, but like Zen said, "they can be a little pricey at times". But, nine times out of ten they got what you need. (and they know it)

Sandeep
December 15th 2007, 17:36
Thanks for the replies.

If I can't get something local, I'll hit this place up.

Sandeep

wrenchnride247
December 15th 2007, 23:02
Send Joe an email. The phone rang every minute I was there, and he walked around with a head set on talking to people while helping me find my stuff. He talk's to so many people emails would help him remember what you want faster.

http://www.germanautodismantlers.com/

brujo65
December 16th 2007, 16:11
Sandeep
let me ck in my shop and I will Email you back on monday .

Thanks,

petevw
December 17th 2007, 01:01
I bought a trans couple years ago from germanautodismantlers. They double charged me on 2 separate dates, and left both invoices inside and charged more to ship/box then quoted. Try explain that to the customs agent when paying duties/taxes. Asked Joe to get the double charge corrected ASAP, and i was leaving to go to Europe for 6weeks. Needed a clear card. He only got moving after i notified the CC company and they back charged him. The trans was shipped missing the clutch lever. Never sent me it either. This was before i got my credit bill.

I won't deal with them again. Maybe he treats the locals well, i dunno.

wrenchnride247
December 17th 2007, 12:33
Sorry to here about the bad deal Pete. I guess I've been lucky. (and local) Sandeep, look's like Joe might be a last resort option. If you can't find anything I could help deal with Joe.