PDA

View Full Version : Good news....and Bad news....

flat
March 23rd 2008, 13:05
Good News first:

I finally got the batch of Kafer cup bars ready. I know guys have been waiting weeks [maybe months :)], but they are finally good to go. I made up about a dozen, and half are already spoken for in backorders.
http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/425248.jpg

I'm figuring out better ways to do things in the shop, so there will be some price reductions coming up on e-brake swans and tubes, 944 MC adaptors and machining for 944 brakes (for 1302/1303 and CB dropped disk/944T). I'll updated the price list in the next few days.

I'm just developing a line of completely bolt-on 944 conversions for 1302's/1303's. They will use modified 944 hubs and will be fairly affordable, less than $C400 for the hubs and brackets. The main advantage is that I don't need your spindles to modify, so this helps alot for the overseas guys.

Bad news:

Aluminum prices have increased by 40% over the last couple years, which is rather odd because I believe Canada is the one of the larger producers of bauxite (raw material for aluminum). Hence, some prices are going up on products such as the kafer cups. I absorbed the cost on this batch, but for the next batch the price will increase about 7-10%. Prices for billet hubs will also increase, so they will go from crazy expensive to ludicrously expensive ;P

Also, lead times for machining of 944 conversions may increase. When things are going smooth I typically quote 5-10 working days. I'll probably start doubling my estimates from now, so please consider this with your project timelines.

Thanks all,
Lanner