PDA

View Full Version : CB Total Solution

vwfan53
December 17th 2002, 15:15
Is anyone out there running a total CB Performance solution. As much as I would like to go more extream, budget, etc are keeping me in check. Plus, easy one stop shopping...

I am thinking about going with the CB Performance front kit Porsche Pattern with dropped spindles.

CB also has (fits my budget) the rear disks RotoHub with parking brakes etc.

Anyone? Impressions? How would this simple upgrade compare to the original all drums? I have never driven a bug with disc brakes.

TIA,
-Paul
1963 Bug

Jim Andritsakos
December 17th 2002, 17:17
Hello Paul!

It seems to be a very good and affordable choice.
I have no personal experience with them.
As for the comparison the difference is VERY noticable compared to drums all around!!!

good luck

danielzink
December 17th 2002, 21:50
I have done the entire CB kit (front and rears) on a 65 Beetle (king/link pin front suspension)
Very nice stuff, easy install, excellent performance.

That being said.............I still want to do a Porsche 944t conversion, hopefully utilising my CB hardware.....

someday...............

Dan

vwfan53
December 18th 2002, 10:05
Dan,

Did CB hook you up on the master cyl, hydraulic side of the config? Mine is a 63 Bug, similar to your 65. If CB did not hook you up, what did you end up with 'hydraulically' speaking.

Thanks,
-Paul
63 Bug

danielzink
December 18th 2002, 23:46
If I remeber correctly I used a late model Ghia MC (larger bore ?) and had to plug an extra hole with an extra brake light sender.

Dan

yetibone
December 19th 2002, 08:13
We used CB's Roto Hubs on the rear of my girlfriend's '71 SB. Had
to drill out the threaded lug holes and install longer studs so we
could use 7/8" spacers and Porsche Cup3 17" x 9" wheels.
In my opinion, it's a good setup that is easy to install. Calipers are same as a '93 Ford Taurus w/parking brake cables and all.
CB Performance's front disk setup, with 5x130mm lugs, however
was not as nice. The lug studs are not nearly long enuff for spacers, and the rotors aren't beefy enuff for press-in studs.
Retrospectively, I think that the same CB Performance front disk
setup, with four lug holes in the standard late VW pattern, with
adapters to 5x130mm would have been more ideal.
Pics are on this site of the rear brake/wheel combo.
Yetibone