PDA

View Full Version : Need Article on Ruf wheels on Beetle...

SuperRSi
April 25th 2009, 13:56
Hello Guys,
I am looking for someone that might have a copy of one of the British VW magazines that had an article on a Beetle with Ruf wheels on it. I need the info on what company and size rear fenders he used in building the car. It is about 4 years old, I think?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Randy

ricola
April 25th 2009, 17:41
Are you talking about Dave Forder's white 1303 with supercharged engine?

Wally
April 26th 2009, 10:46
Didn't that one caught fire in the back and burnt down? :(

ricola
April 26th 2009, 12:45
Yup...

SuperRSi
December 13th 2009, 16:00
Yes I think that is the one. In the article it discussed the fender sizes to cover his Ruf 10X18 rears. I am looking for someone that can tell me what it said about front and rear fenders. I am trying to finish my 79...

Thanks

Wally
December 13th 2009, 16:52
Yes I think that is the one. In the article it discussed the fender sizes to cover his Ruf 10X18 rears. I am looking for someone that can tell me what it said about front and rear fenders. I am trying to finish my 79...

Thanks
I think with that question 'we' might be able to help, even without the article ;)
I run 9x18 in the rear and my fenders are +7cm (inner and outer widened). I have still ample space between the tire and springplate, so 10J would not be a problem a would fit rather nice actually.

On the front I run 7,5Jx18 with +3cm (outer only) widenend, same story. 8J would fit easily as well.

Greets,
Walter