GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   Project Builds (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   My GL 1970 Squareback (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10399)

Clatter February 10th 2010 02:50

Dag! you gotta throw that big motor in the square!

Put a stock fan on it, and....

vdubzack February 10th 2010 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by NO_H2O (Post 74111)
Damn that is some deep a$$ snow. Now I know why I moved from Ohio and have lived in GA. for 20+ years. That damn glogal warming is a beatch. Maybe All Gore will come over and help you shovel your way to the shop.

My friend in Switzerland said his flowers are starting to bud out. So i guess there is some good and bad to this global warming ****e.

vdubzack February 10th 2010 14:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clatter (Post 74121)
Dag! you gotta throw that big motor in the square!

Put a stock fan on it, and....

Saddle already cut for the 911 fan:( plus i plan on driving it almost daily. and need some gas milage.

vdubzack March 26th 2010 07:20

Snows all gone

Well back to work on Helga. I have to remove at least nine(9), Yes, nine coats of paint. Seems that the original owners grandson, who I got the car from, repainted the car every few months

NO_H2O March 26th 2010 07:43

Damn. You might have to reset your ride hight after you get it all off. LOL

TSAF March 26th 2010 09:37

It seems that you have a lot of work ahead of you.

vdubzack March 28th 2010 14:19

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TSAF (Post 75074)
It seems that you have a lot of work ahead of you.

found some rust too:(. But not too much. Already cut out most of it to replace with new metal. But overall she is clean. Most of the original paint below the bead line.

vdubzack March 28th 2010 14:43

More pictures

2 Attachment(s)
A few more of my Baby:o

vdubzack March 28th 2010 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by NO_H2O (Post 75073)
Damn. You might have to reset your ride hight after you get it all off. LOL

I am stripping her on a plastic sheet so I can weigh it after I'm done. So far I am at 1.25 pounds

vdubzack June 12th 2010 15:42

Getting back to work

4 Attachment(s)
Doing some more things to my Squareback. Have been mocking up the engine bay for the type 4 power. A little work on the mess that is the new wiring harness. Have set up appointment to have her soda blasted, as there is too much paint to sand her manually. Still loking for a Sept unvailing so I need to pick up the pace.

vdubzack August 30th 2010 06:42

4 Attachment(s)
Well after a CRAZY few months back to work on my Squareback. Missed the guy to soda blast her so waiting for the next oppening. He is not to close to my shop (About 150 Km )so I have to plan the trip when I can. In the mean time I have been doing inventory on the parts to see what's left in the budget. Right now I am looking for a Momo steering wheel adaptor for VW. So if anyone comes across one in thier travel. Let me know. Decided to go with a big type three sytlee engine. 90.5 x 82. Sold the type four engine to a friend. I had 90% of the parts for the engine ( At my wifes request to clean out the storage) I found the remains of an old engine project. Got the crank and rods from a guy in Fla.while on holiday with the kids last summer.

vdubzack September 22nd 2011 21:34

5 Attachment(s)
Slow progress is still progress! Back to working on my Square. I've got all four fenders and the hood stripped. Engine finished. Will be painting engine bay, and engine install this weekend. 2110 hydraulic with dual 44 real deal Webers. Modified enggine tins as I will not be using the stock oil cooler.

vdubzack September 22nd 2011 21:40

1 Attachment(s)
Will be using a oil cooler from a 04 AMG benz. It has a fan and temp gauge built in it. Will be modifing the dash to fit Porsche 914 silver button gauges.

Supa Ninja September 25th 2011 22:21

Awesome dude, can't wait to see this thing finished.

vdubzack October 2nd 2011 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdubzack (Post 81832)
Slow progress is still progress! Back to working on my Square. I've got all four fenders and the hood stripped. Engine finished. Will be painting engine bay, and engine install this weekend. 2110 hydraulic with dual 44 reaql deal Webers. Modified engine tins as I will not be using the stock oil cooler.

If anyone is wondering, I used POR-20 on the exhaust. Looks great and cheaper than sending out to get coated. If it is as tough as the POR15 i put on the pan , it should work great.