GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   German Look Tuning (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Front air spoiler (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3301)

Carbon Joe January 16th 2007 01:22

Now that I'm making bumpers, would anyone be interested in a combination bumper/spoiler? What I'm thinking is joining a C/F bumper with a C/F Kamie spoiler making them one peace. I would use a 68/73 bumper with or without signals and reshape the spoiler a bit. I also want to add vents and maybe lights to the spoiler, what do you think good idea, bad idea, anyone interested???

volkdent January 16th 2007 01:53

I'm thinking good idea if you use a Kevlar mix? Wouldn't the CF crack when a curb or somthing is hit? How many ply? How thick? CF is just to rigid to flex isn't it?

Jason

Carbon Joe January 16th 2007 02:32

The bumpers are about .100 thick I could make the spoiler a little thinner. I was thinking of shortening the spoiler about an inch at the bottom and adding a replaceable rubber lip, kind of like a scraper. Do you think that would work?

chug_A_bug January 16th 2007 05:19

I'm so in on that :) what would be sweet.

Chris.

Bullyboy January 16th 2007 09:39

I would like to see a kamei spoiler copy that would work on early cars. Mines a 61' .

oasis January 16th 2007 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbon Joe (Post 56319)
Now that I'm making bumpers, ...

You are?

That's great news.

I have some planning and replanning to do.

Carbon Joe January 16th 2007 12:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by oasis (Post 56334)
You are?

That's great news.

I have some planning and replanning to do.

Yes, I have the molds for 74/79 bumpers and I'm working on a set of 68/73 I'm not sure if anyone would want early C/F bumpers.

Bullyboy,
I'll look into it.

I'm also working on the molds for C/F bumper brackets for 68/73 bumpers.

Phat73VW January 16th 2007 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbon Joe (Post 56319)
Now that I'm making bumpers, would anyone be interested in a combination bumper/spoiler? What I'm thinking is joining a C/F bumper with a C/F Kamie spoiler making them one peace. I would use a 68/73 bumper with or without signals and reshape the spoiler a bit. I also want to add vents and maybe lights to the spoiler, what do you think good idea, bad idea, anyone interested???

Like I said to you before I would be interested especially since it would utilize the 68-73 bumper size. You have email Joe!!

ECBug January 16th 2007 14:44

I'd like to see the combo myself. I could dig that.

oasis January 16th 2007 15:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbon Joe (Post 56340)
I'm working on a set of 68/73 ... bumpers.

I'm also working on the molds for C/F bumper brackets for 68/73 bumpers.

I assume that means kevlar-carbon is possible, too.

Also, would a genuine Kamei spoiler and driving lights be able to bolt on?

Carbon Joe January 16th 2007 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by oasis (Post 56351)
I assume that means kevlar-carbon is possible, too.

Also, would a genuine Kamei spoiler and driving lights be able to bolt on?

Yes, kevlar-carbon is possible. As fore the lights, I'd like to get everyone's ideas and opinions on what would be the best lights to use.

Humble January 17th 2007 01:48

Quick question for ya. I've got 3"+ wider front fenders on my 72 super and would love to get a combo bumper/spoiler but I'm kind of a one off deal. How hard is is to cut and splice CF? Take your bumper and add 6-7" in the middle of it to clear fenders/tires and generally be more effective.

oasis January 17th 2007 11:25

Thanks for the responses and the info. This is great news indeed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbon Joe (Post 56355)
I'd like to get everyone's ideas and opinions on what would be the best lights to use.

I will send a personal e-mail as my ideas are not likely to be the same as the consensus.

volkdent January 17th 2007 15:28

I would LOVE some early CF bumpers! What sort of time frame and costs?

Jason

jrinlv January 17th 2007 23:26

yeah any idea on price and turn around? JR