GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   German Look Tuning (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   UK based GL club (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6599)

bug-er October 11th 2005 05:20

UK based GL club

Hey
I am thinking of trying to organise a UK based germanlook club as there is currently not one set up. The idea behind it would be to have dyno days, meetings and displays at some of the shows. Currently the numbers of Germanlookers in the UK seems small but there are alot more uk based cars on line. Anyone want to come out and play???
US based GL clubs - do any of you fancy a UK chapter?? would it be possible for a uk based club to get space on the forum???
thanks
Adam

74typeIV October 11th 2005 07:32

I'm sure there would be strong support for a UK GL club, as the number of GL cars around is steadily increasing and due the performance nature of our cars, most owners would be up for some dyno / track day / drag race action. :agree:

I for one would certainly join, even though my car is far from complete, it should be done sometime next year. :yawn:

samcat October 11th 2005 08:34

As said elsewhere, consider me in.

:)

SAm C

oasis October 11th 2005 09:35

I am genuinely surprised there is not a UK-based GL club. Good luck. :)

ricola October 11th 2005 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by samcat
As said elsewhere, consider me in.

:)

SAm C

ditto!

Rich

vujade October 11th 2005 11:02

bug-er

I know you have been in contact with Zen from VKG as he has forwarded
your email to me as well. We are both in agreement and would be more
then willing to allow you to start a UK Chapter of the VolkSport Kafer Gruppe.

We could help you with the following:
1. Club rules & regulations
2. Logos, T-Shirts & Misc Club stuff
3. Perhaps a Volksport.co.uk website linked to our site.
Zen could probably design it for you guys as well for
a small fee. Plus he offers hosting for low monthly rates.

Let me know....
Joe

judgie October 11th 2005 12:15

i'm up for that,more race car than german look but whos worried :D
cheers rob

bug-er October 12th 2005 04:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by vujade
bug-er

I know you have been in contact with Zen from VKG as he has forwarded
your email to me as well. We are both in agreement and would be more
then willing to allow you to start a UK Chapter of the VolkSport Kafer Gruppe.

We could help you with the following:
1. Club rules & regulations
2. Logos, T-Shirts & Misc Club stuff
3. Perhaps a Volksport.co.uk website linked to our site.
Zen could probably design it for you guys as well for
a small fee. Plus he offers hosting for low monthly rates.

Let me know....
Joe

Ah I was wondering about that! thought you had thought it a bad idea or something!
I think that may be the best idea, saves having to design logos and stuff!!
btw whats up with your website at the moment?
Adam

beetlebum2 October 12th 2005 04:29

im only running a stock 1600

but my bug is 100% GL (its the silver one the last page of the general gallery)

so count me in

vujade October 12th 2005 08:13

bug-er

Zen is trying to fix it, he just has been swamped with work.
It should be back up soon.

Joe

SteveW October 12th 2005 11:42

Adam
Count me in. :cool:
First meeting Dub Freeze 2006? :laugh:

darren October 24th 2005 07:03

Could be interested in that.
Hopefully Dubfreeze will see the car out (legally ;) ) for the 1st time. 1980 Brasilia 2.4 drla'd T4 motor, Rancho box, 17" rims, front and rear discs, stripped out interior, GWD shifter

ricola October 24th 2005 08:51

Got any pics Darran? Sounds interesting!
Rich

aircool October 24th 2005 14:53

I'm up for that, my car is a little way off but I'm defiantly interested! would we meet at shows or more frequently?

bug-er October 24th 2005 17:59

well as frequently as possible would be good
Depends on where the majority of people are, at the moment there are several up north, couple in midlands and a few down south.

aircool October 26th 2005 14:32

I'm in London so perhaps we can meet up with local members more frequently and see the northern members at shows?

I will keep an eye on the german look page for more updates on this subject but if one of you guy's go with this idea perhaps you would mail me.

Cheers

samcat October 26th 2005 18:47

Meeting up at RaceShack for a dyno day sometime would be cool too.... Get a few (all) the cars on the dyno, get one of the mags along :) Would be a good laugh, and a meeting with a purpose.

Cya,
SAm C

speedy October 28th 2005 09:26

:D im' in for a meet next year, engine brakes and wheels and suspension should be done early in the spring just the bodywork and interior to do next winter yay :D

MdR November 2nd 2005 11:12

This sounds like a very good idea. :D
Does anyone have a van & trailer so I can attend with my still unfinished pile of parts? :rolleyes: :cool:

bug-er November 18th 2005 08:57

right time for me to get my arse in gear and sort this, plenty of interest!

Do we have anyone on board who is any good with websites?
My website was done by a mate, may be able to get another one done but not sure and it isnt that great. How would you guys like this club to work? Monthly meeting or something like twice a year jobbie? At shows only? A forum section dedicated to us on here??

Anyone with any ideas chuck them my way, lets see if we can make 2006 the year of the germanlooker as this year I didnt see many at all :(

bug-er November 18th 2005 08:58

Quote:

Meeting up at RaceShack for a dyno day sometime would be cool too.... Get a few (all) the cars on the dyno, get one of the mags along :) Would be a good laugh, and a meeting with a purpose.

Cya,
SAm C

There is a shootou on the 10th december at raceshack, anyone going? may be a chance to meet up if we can get a few of us there! :D

vujade November 18th 2005 09:48

I will be getting with Zen and Dave today to try and work out some
details for you guys over the pond :D

MdR November 18th 2005 10:36

There's not a whelk's chance in a supernova that I'll be able to get to the Raceshack :rolleyes:
Glad our friends on the wrong side of the pond can be so supportive. :agree:

samcat November 18th 2005 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by bug-er
right time for me to get my arse in gear and sort this, plenty of interest!

Do we have anyone on board who is any good with websites?

Yes, built a fair few in my time... But I loath having to keep them uptodate.... But if you want a basic website sticking together with lots of nice static content I can do that as a one off for free... Its pretty easy to do. Can also create a template for 'member' pages which could be distributed easily, then all I (or someone else) would need to do is drop the member page into a folder and add a link on the main site.
If you want something clever and dynamic then I am not much help ;)

Quote:

My website was done by a mate, may be able to get another one done but not sure and it isnt that great. How would you guys like this club to work? Monthly meeting or something like twice a year jobbie? At shows only? A forum section dedicated to us on here??

It would all depend on where the meeting would be, if its the other end of the country then it wont be much use... Either way its going to be quite a trek for some peeps... Perhaps a Bi-annual meetup, and make good use of the shows. A forum section is ALWAYS useful.

Quote:

There is a shootou on the 10th december at raceshack, anyone going? may be a chance to meet up if we can get a few of us there! :D

Already planning on going, and if I can have the engine broken in by then then the car may well end up on the dyno...

Cheers,
Sam C

MdR November 18th 2005 12:31

Quote:

Already planning on going, and if I can have the engine broken in by then then the car may well end up on the dyno...

Hummmm. So you are onto your 3 engine (that I know of) whilst I am still building my car :rolleyes:
I need to get my finger out & get stuck it. :cool:

judgie November 18th 2005 13:20

i'm up for this but afriad i'm no good with building web sites.
meet up's would be good but as sam-cat said traverling around the country might be a bit much.meet ups at shows and such would be cool.
cheers rob

ricola November 18th 2005 14:20

I agree that meets at shows is the way to go, I don't think there are enough of us to warrant extra meets yet!

I can also do basic web stuff but nothing fancy and I have no idea of the proper hosting stuff. I think the main thing is to get a sub-forum on here started and see where it goes from there..

Rich

MrMoo November 18th 2005 20:19

all sounds good, dont really see much of the german look inthe uk

im down in hertfordshire, and building a 66 g'manlooker, will upload a load of pics soon

66 chassis & Shell
6 Point Cage
17" Boxster Rims
944S2 calipers
944T discs all round
steel 944 rear arms
IRS gearbox from a 1303s with 3.88:1 final drive
remmelle side scoops
2" oversize rear wings GRP
1" oversize front wings GRP
custom welded in dash
Spax shoc's all round

painting in the next month or so, will add pic'ies

mickie

bug-er November 22nd 2005 07:50

note your interest here guys

http://www.germanlook.com/Forums/sho...4678#post44678

Patrick Bateman November 22nd 2005 08:05

Count me in, got a 1303 slammed with oversized wings teledials and a sweet engine... also got a 944 coming my way in Jan.

got some out of date pics at the "Der Panzer Paintscraper Website"

www.paintscrapers.co.uk

bug-er November 28th 2005 19:12

up for the guys yet to note interest on the VKG forum! :D

Chris Percival December 5th 2005 08:03

Quote:

I will be going.. (not in the bug though, as its in bits).

MrSelfDestruct December 7th 2005 17:18

UK German Look Club?!
Count me in for one!
Got a '72 1303 being sprayed at the mo, just fitted the 901 box, getting the 944 brakes sorted too!
Got a 2007 efi turbo motor in the pipeline, after that I'll need some inspiration for an interior.

Tell you what, a GL display at Bug Jam would rock!

samcat December 8th 2005 05:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Percival
I will be going.. (not in the bug though, as its in bits).

I also will be there on the 10th. Should be cruising up in the bug :)

Cya there,
Sam C

fastdub March 28th 2006 11:00

just discovered the german look forum and, as im from england, i reckon a uk gl club would be amazing

i wouldnt mind doing some kind of head count to discover exactly how many uk gl cars there are

65Cabby March 28th 2006 13:51

I'm ready to get talking too.

I like the idea of a UK section to the forum so if a vote is needed you have mine.

bug-er March 28th 2006 14:00

Hello
I was trying to get a meet organised and did organise one at dubfreeze but only three people turned up
Its like everything pleaple say yes they want to but when it comes to it only a few turn up, kinda disheartening.
Joe from VKG said we can use the VKG forum and several uk members have registered on their website, but feels like it has hit a brick wall!
Adam

vujade March 28th 2006 14:37

Quote:

Hello
I was trying to get a meet organised and did organise one at dubfreeze but only three people turned up
Its like everything pleaple say yes they want to but when it comes to it only a few turn up, kinda disheartening.
Joe from VKG said we can use the VKG forum and several uk members have registered on their website, but feels like it has hit a brick wall!
Adam

Adam, all you need to do is start a thread asking members to sign in
if they are ready to join. Open paypal account or use one you already
have, then start collecting funds. We can send what shirts we already
have and if you need more, they can be made easily. We also have
stickers, key chains and welcome letters as well.

fastdub March 28th 2006 14:58

it would probably be beneficial to create a registry, so as to organise regional meets (if theres enough folks locally) and then national ones at many of the major shows.

was one of the people who turned up an owner of that electric blue late model with carbon bumpers and split rim esque wheels

bug-er March 28th 2006 18:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by vujade
Adam, all you need to do is start a thread asking members to sign in
if they are ready to join. Open paypal account or use one you already
have, then start collecting funds. We can send what shirts we already
have and if you need more, they can be made easily. We also have
stickers, key chains and welcome letters as well.

Collecting membership funds you mean?
or collection of money for merchandise?

I personally woul like a VKG sticker or two in my car!