GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   VolkSport Käfer Gruppe (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   New ride in the collection! (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8352)

Pillow February 17th 2007 22:47

New ride in the collection!

Just wanted to pass along that I purchased a '57 Oval Beetle today!

Granted it needs work, but is pretty complete. Complete is gooood for these old Ovals as parts are expensive.

I need to pick it up in a few weeks, so I can post some pictures then.

Prolly put it on the '72 pan I have... It is currently getting stripped and restored. German Look style of course!!! The brakes need worked out and the rear end of course. The pan needs pretty much totally R&Red to fit the GL needs.

The wheels are almost all here. Dish wheels like on the '66 - keeping with a theme ;) 16x6 52et front and 16x7 65et rears. Yokohama AVID rear tires 225/55R16s pretty big, but shoudl fill out the wheel wells.

Also I should have the 4 spoke Porsche steering wheel tomorrow :)

Honestly the top will stay pretty stock looking just because Ovals look cool straight away. Inside the only changes might be a Porsche steering wheel, Berg shifter, and Autometer under dash tach.

Engine is pretty up in the air... Pier pressure might dictate a T4 ;)

I am pretty pumped as I have been lusting after an Oval for like 5 years.

More to come...

Mikey February 17th 2007 22:54

Sweet!! An Oval :D I can't wait to see some pictures.

True, Oval parts are more expensive than late model bug parts, but split parts cost more than oval. There are some good deals out there for oval parts, you just have to be patient and shop around.

T-4 would be cool. :)

Again, pictures? :laugh:

wrenchnride247 February 18th 2007 12:26

Cool deal! Oval's are one of the coolest T1's IMOP. Congrats. Oh yeah, T4 would be a great power plant. No pressure though :rolleyes:

NO_H2O February 18th 2007 22:49

I know of a guy that might sell his T-4 (fresh 2L GA with 3 bolt heads and new 44 Webers) and stage 3 DTM (still in the bubble wrap). That would go well in your Oval.
Sounds like a nice GL project. The BK boys and purists will love to see a GL Oval.

sheets February 27th 2007 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by NO_H2O (Post 57212)
The BK boys and purists will love to see a GL Oval.

:puke: :laugh:

oasis February 28th 2007 08:24

I don't know much about these BK doodles I keep reading about but their maturity level doesn't seem high enough for my 16 year old daughter.

One good thing about Mr. Puke's post -- the only good thing -- is that it made me see a thread I somehow missed. Congratulations, Adrian, on your Oval purchase!

sheets February 28th 2007 08:49

Relax Oasis just having some fun with NoH20:)

NO_H2O February 28th 2007 09:18

I know Sheets will love it as well as Panelfantastics GL Oval. Sheets is good people.:D

oasis February 28th 2007 15:34

Oh, in that case, very funny.

Re-laxxxxxx'd ... :sleep:

yellow73 February 28th 2007 22:41

Congratulations Adrian, I look forward to seeing pictures!!!!

zen March 6th 2007 16:53

very cool Pillow. congrats. be sure to keep us posted.