GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   VolkSport Käfer Gruppe (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   and another new one (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2769)

zen August 14th 2003 19:09

and another new one

panelfantastic (jeff kiestler) has joined the growing crowd. jeff is #11 in the VKG and comes out of TN. he is the one working on the dropped bus sitting on Gam's. will have pics up on his profile soon (yeti's also).

welcome panel!!!!! glad to have you.

vujade August 14th 2003 20:48

awesome!

Glad you decided to join Jeff :D

Panelfantastic August 15th 2003 10:32

I am absolutely STOKED! There is very little GL influence in my town, here it's all about bling,bling and big wing . It's great to have a place to share ideas with people who actually get what the GL is all about.
Jeff.

NO_H2O August 15th 2003 18:34

Cool, it's good to have you with us. Who would have thought we would have so many cool Type 2's. I guess I will have to put a GL touch on the Bay window when I do it(down the road).
Will the Panel be at Toccoa Sept. 6-7?

Panelfantastic August 15th 2003 19:11

Sorry, no show for me.
The bus isn't anywhere near ready and unfortunately I'm way too busy myself right now.
The big hold up on the bus is narrowed IRS arms. Lots of promises, no deliveries. I'm hoping to have it back on the road (although still in the construction phase) before it gets too cold to enjoy it.

vujade August 15th 2003 20:42

Well Jef if you can t make Toccoa, our last & biggest meeting of this year will be Bug Jam in November. We really need all the support we can get for that show seeing as it will be the first show were we have more then one car being displayed in the show.

So even if you dont have the bus ready, definitely plan to come to help the VKG show your suppport.

:D :D :D

Pillow August 20th 2003 02:26

Welcome Jeff!!! :)

Glad you dicided to join us!

The busses are going to take VKG over if you Beetle guys do not get off the pot! lol

Jeff we can do Bulli Brigade in conjuction with Bug Jam it you are up for it? A lot of busses from Atlanta going as always.

Later,

Panelfantastic August 20th 2003 15:17

We've already got a lot of family plans this fall, it's been tough getting budget for the VW's so I may not be able to do much show participation this year. I'm in a tough squeeze, use money to get my project along or use money to see other's finished and wish mine was....
We have a local show coming up in Oct and I'm really humping to get the bus there. I want to spark some interest in the VKG locally and the bus will do it!
What is DKB? (I know it's a club called Das Kool Bullis, but I can't seem to find "bullis" in my german translator)

Pillow August 21st 2003 01:26

Bulli is a slang English term for splitties. Apparently back then some Brits thought it looked like a bull in the front. Personally I do not use the term Bulli for a bus.