GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   VolkSport Käfer Gruppe (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Early season VKG gathering (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3763)

zen January 28th 2004 10:17

Early season VKG gathering

we never decided on what show was the right early season gathering for the club. i have posted the best options trying to consider the strength of the show and location (which can never be perfect considering ou spread. make a vote and we will make a decision within the next 2 weeks.

i also posted an option that we just have our own get together (which would probably be in the ATL area). this would only be a hang out though. no (legal or official) races or show or anything.

NOTE: there are date conflicts that must be considered and don't just vote for the show closest to you. :D Vote for the show you think is the best and fairest for all and that the most can make it to.

zen January 28th 2004 10:25

i voted for Dyno Day and the races just because i know there are already 4 VKG guys confirmed and it is pretty central. N vs. S would be my second choice.

jhelgesen January 28th 2004 10:48

Zen, minor correction, the N vs S shootout is in Darlington SC. Then there is the Rennsport reunion II in Daytona 4/24-25

vujade January 28th 2004 15:52

I voted for the Dyno Day/Drag Races in March.

I think that we will probably get the best turnout for that.
I also think that we should attend the Rennsport event in April as a club, but it doesnt have to be an official VKG outing.

boygenius January 28th 2004 20:03

I voted for the dyno day/drag races in March.
Maybe I can score some front fenders/rear fenders/decklid/rear valance from creative car craft with no shipping. :D I read that they were going to be a sponsor of one of the shows. :)

NO_H2O January 29th 2004 07:45

I voted for Bug-A-Paluza. That is a cool show with good camping. It is a 2 day show. I am going to be at the Dyno Day/Shootout weekend. I think Circle Yer Wagens is going to be the weekend of May 1-2, that is a good one too.

jhelgesen January 29th 2004 09:26

I don't know what to vote for. I'd like to make the dyno day, but not sure if I can find someone to watch my kids. I've got the dates cleared for the rennsport reunion in Daytona, but haven't gotten a hotel room yet and that may prove to be hard, all the porsche guys have snapped most of them up.

Decisions decisions

zen January 29th 2004 10:03

when is the rennlist show? i don't see it on our calendar. i will add it. i have a sister-in-law in Daytona that makes it easier to sell to the family as a trip. just depends when it is. have to take 2 cars too. :(

btw, we can always unofficially have north and south meets too. the shows in TN are a stretch for the FL guys just like Daytona is for those northern guys. us GA guys have it easier. :D

vujade January 29th 2004 10:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhelgesen
I don't know what to vote for. I'd like to make the dyno day, but not sure if I can find someone to watch my kids. I've got the dates cleared for the rennsport reunion in Daytona, but haven't gotten a hotel room yet and that may prove to be hard, all the porsche guys have snapped most of them up.

Decisions decisions

John

I can help you find a hotel room. Remember I live in Daytona :D

jhelgesen January 29th 2004 12:34

Okay then, who's game for the Rennsport reunion 2? Goes from april 23-25, tickets are 60 bucks. My family is not coming, so I'm in for half a room somewhere. If we can get a quick count of people coming, then we can get a few rooms together.

I'm seeing what I can do for the dyno day, don't know if I'm booked for that weekend yet.

hybrid_john January 31st 2004 00:38

I voted for the Dyno Day. I've never been to a VW show before and obviously don't know which is better so I chose the most popular one...at least I didn't chose one that is closest to me! :laugh:

btw: in order for me to make a show I would need transportation and would pay for a room.....

John

boygenius January 31st 2004 00:46

If you want to fly into Tampa I could pick you up. You could keep me from :sleep: while I'm driving. I'm going to vist my friend in NC so I'll end up driving like 2,000 + miles in a few days. :eek:

vujade January 31st 2004 08:05

Brendan, if you dont end up going to NC, we could always drive up together. :laugh:

boygenius January 31st 2004 19:39

:cool: I don't think my car will make it. It's hanging on untill I get my car finished. I don't know if I'm still going to NC. If I go I will have to rent a car at $235 a week, that's alot of VW parts. I'll let you know soon whats going on. :) :)

Brendan...

boygenius January 31st 2004 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by boygenius
If you want to fly into Tampa I could pick you up. You could keep me from :sleep: while I'm driving. I'm going to vist my friend in NC so I'll end up driving like 2,000 + miles in a few days. :eek:

Hey John. I'll send you a PM. :(