GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   VolkSport Käfer Gruppe (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   A VKG sweep at H O D 7 (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6153)

NO_H2O June 27th 2005 10:46

A VKG sweep at H O D 7

4 Attachment(s)
Well it rained of and on all day but there were 4 VKG cars at Heart of Dixie 7. It was great to meet Tony and have him bring Lazarus all the way from S.C. We had a great time in the rain and our cars drew lots of coments and questions. At the end of the day it was a sweep of the top honors for the VKG. 4 cars in the top 20, Best of Show Air going to Tony and Peoples Choice going to the Black 1302. It was strange but very satisfying to see 2 GL Supers sweep the top honors.

vujade June 27th 2005 11:36

:D :agree: way to represent :agree: :D

oasis June 27th 2005 12:37

Well done!

Whose Type 34 is that?

Mikey June 27th 2005 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by oasis
Well done!

Whose Type 34 is that?

Well done! :)

I think the Type 34 is Neigel's (sp?)

Lazarus June 27th 2005 16:01

yes mikey you are correct it belongs to yellow 73. it was very nice to meet you guys . i had a really nice time . when the top 20 was given i told myself that even though i hadnt won anything i had lots of fun. when i won best air cooled i was shocked to say the least,just an added bonus for meeting a gruppe :D of cool guys and girls like you people thanks again i had a great day :cool:

vujade June 27th 2005 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus
yes mikey you are correct it belongs to yellow 73. it was very nice to meet you guys . i had a really nice time . when the top 20 was given i told myself that even though i hadnt won anything i had lots of fun. when i won best air cooled i was shocked to say the least,just an added bonus for meeting a gruppe :D of cool guys and girls like you people thanks again i had a great day :cool:

Glad you got to meet some of the guys. Im sorry I couldnt make it this
time. Make sure you come to the VKG Dyno day because I am sure you
will meet the rest of everyone then :)

oasis June 28th 2005 08:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey
I think the Type 34 is Neigel's (sp?)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus
you are correct it belongs to yellow 73. it was very nice to meet you guys . i had a really nice time .

Quote:

Originally Posted by vujade
Make sure you come to the VKG Dyno day because I am sure you will meet the rest of everyone

And you'll get to meet me, too ... but don't let that stop you from coming. :rolleyes:

The Type 34 looks so much like the one I would have bought if the seller hadn't jacked the price up $4,000 with the stipulation I take hundreds of Type 34 stuff off his hands. :mad: I figured it wasn't the same owner; I was just wondering if it was the same car. :) Probably not. ;)

yellow73 June 28th 2005 22:07

Sunday was a good time hanging out with VW people and VKG folks in particular. Tony it was good to meet you, and you have a very cool ride. Congratulations again to NOH2O and Lazarus for taking Best of Show awards - which was voted on by peoples choice.

Yes the Type 34 is mine...it is probably a different car since it did not come with any extra parts, although as you can imagine I am on the look out for a lot now....anyone have any stock steel 4-lug type 3 rims?

vujade June 29th 2005 00:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellow73
....anyone have any stock steel 4-lug type 3 rims?

Nigel, I should have some soon. I will be buying my brothers 69 Notch in a
couple of weeks and will be replacing the Stock 4 lug wheels with Porsche
5 Lug Wheels.