GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   VolkSport Käfer Gruppe (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   CCC parts (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9338)

V73W February 26th 2008 09:33

CCC parts

I emailed David at CCC asking about some new parts like kafer cup fenders and glass/carbon fiber bumpers and some other parts. He said he's finishing up some new molds currently and he would like to take a Poll to see which of some of these new parts he might start on. I love that, a company that really listens to your suggestions and questions. My vote will most definately be Kafer Cup fenders in glass or carbon fiber. What would you like to see first?

Bug@5speed(US) February 26th 2008 11:44

Kafer cup fenders would be nice.. Glass works for me, and would save a lot of $$, by not having to go across the pond. CF nice, but to rich for my blood.
VR
Alex

Bullyboy February 26th 2008 14:25

How about a replica of the Kamei spoiler that is so hard to get nowadays.

Eatoniashoprat February 26th 2008 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullyboy (Post 64339)
How about a replica of the Kamei spoiler that is so hard to get nowadays.

What about a front spoiler that is about half as low as the kamei so you can use one on a lowered car?

NO_H2O February 26th 2008 20:08

Dave is working on just such a spoiler/bumper combo in the spirit of the early Porsche RS.

yetibone February 26th 2008 20:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by NO_H2O (Post 64344)
Dave is working on just such a spoiler/bumper combo in the spirit of the early Porsche RS.

...and Joe is anxiously awaiting a peek at that spoiler. :D

wrenchnride247 February 26th 2008 22:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by V73W (Post 64332)
I emailed David at CCC asking about some new parts like kafer cup fenders and glass/carbon fiber bumpers and some other parts. He said he's finishing up some new molds currently and he would like to take a Poll to see which of some of these new parts he might start on. I love that, a company that really listens to your suggestions and questions. My vote will most definately be Kafer Cup fenders in glass or carbon fiber. What would you like to see first?

Yes, David is very happy to work with ideas to come out with something new. He is great to do business with. I like the "cup" fender's too. (they look good on 1302's and 3's IMO)

al_kaholik February 27th 2008 12:17

You can actually buy brand new Kamei spoilers direct from the company, including a lowered version - which I assume is just shorter than a stock one

Sandeep February 27th 2008 12:46

I'd be interested in a short spoiler, custom would be cool. I'd also like a matching roof spoiler.

Sandeep

Lazarus February 27th 2008 14:41

i dont know if it helps but i really would like some bumpers, but to make them fit proper i need them for wide rear fenders.

Sandeep February 27th 2008 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus (Post 64364)
i dont know if it helps but i really would like some bumpers, but to make them fit proper i need them for wide rear fenders.

Use a front bumper on the rear ... the front bumper is about 3" wider than the rear to begin with. That is what I have done over 2" wider rear fenders and it almost looks stock.

Sandeep

Turbo Haraune2 February 28th 2008 12:23

what about a carbon decklid over the engine. With countersunk licenseplate and different air louvers??
I NEED one of that kind. but i have to find someone who can make it for me.

seangfy October 28th 2009 00:33

has any thing come about on this issue would love a place to get kafer style fenders in the states

Bugged March 25th 2012 01:50

Can we get this live again?? Cup fenders are really needed here in the states. He has been working on this since 2008?? Can't take 4 years to make a fender with a little flare! I may give him a call at some point, or if someone else has already talked to him, give him a call!