GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   Body (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Carbon Fiber Decklids (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2207)

Carbon Joe May 22nd 2003 22:40

Carbon Fiber Decklids

After working on on the mold for the last four weeks I pulled my first C/F late model decklid. It turn out awesome!! weighing only 2.4 pounds! This is the stock lid the super light will weigh less than a pound, the stock lid will use the stock hinges, latch and spring clip. The super light lid will clip on, both are available with or with out vents.
Next up is the decklid with the scoop.

SilverBullet May 23rd 2003 04:46

Joe, I'm in the queue for one!:)

samcat May 23rd 2003 05:57

Think I might just be after one too :D

Can you do it with a cutout behind the numberplace (for the porsche fan to breathe)?
What about the cooling slots near the top, are they there on this one?
Any chance of one of those kamei rain guards that bolt onto the vents near the top of the decklid in C/F?

Cheers for now,
Sam C

MdR May 23rd 2003 09:35

How about a full-W cabrio decklid (split dash style)?
Cost?

zen May 24th 2003 21:13

that's excellent news joe!!!!! love to see pics when you have them.

vujade May 29th 2003 17:55

when are we going to see those decklid pics?

BeerRocket June 6th 2003 15:03

When are you going to post pics of the decklids? I cant wait. Joe any reccomendations on where to get the pins for the pin on one here in the US?

vujade June 17th 2003 00:36

Joe

whats up with the decklids?

Vyper June 19th 2003 07:47

Quote:

Originally posted by samcat
Think I might just be after one too :D

Can you do it with a cutout behind the numberplace (for the porsche fan to breathe)?
What about the cooling slots near the top, are they there on this one?
Any chance of one of those kamei rain guards that bolt onto the vents near the top of the decklid in C/F?

Cheers for now,
Sam C

Sam,

Ask Joe about the rain guard a LOOOOONG time ago. There wasn't a market for it then rain is rarely an issue where Joe is! :D

Vyper

Vincent July 11th 2003 16:49

do you have any pics of the carbon deck?

Carbon Joe July 16th 2003 01:51

1 Attachment(s)
After changing resin systems and figuring out the lay-up I pulled another decklid and it turned out awesome! Here's a pic of it untrimmed, I still have a few more things to work out and make the tool to cut the vents. I also need to make a C/F license plate housing to match, that's another tool and more time.

Carbon Joe July 16th 2003 01:52

1 Attachment(s)
And another

Carbon Joe July 16th 2003 01:52

1 Attachment(s)
And last

Phat73VW July 16th 2003 03:19

JOE!!! that looks awsome. i cant beleive how sweet it looks. as i have never seen one to begin with i cant get over how great it looks even uncut. you know i am ready to buy whenever you make another one. you never cease to amaze me with your work. cant wait to see it in person. :D :D

vujade July 16th 2003 08:11

Joe, Im glad that you finally got the CF Decklid done, because it is a work of art. Good Job Man!

Im sure that I am will purchasing one shortly