GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   VolkSport Käfer Gruppe (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Pics of your rides? (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1194)

craigt-from-atl January 13th 2003 10:54

Pics of your rides?

You guys have any pics of your rides anywhere? I haven't bought my beetle yet, but I'm definitely going with a Type4 engine, and was looking for some other ideas.

I was originally thinking about making it look mostly stock, with the exception of disc brakes and a slight lowering, so I could really blow people away, but could be persuaded to go GL if I see the right stuff. :D

Sandeep January 13th 2003 10:58

Hi,

Go to the main page and you will find the 'Members Rides' section, as well as tech articles and show coverage, and feature articles.

www.germanlook.com and then press 'Enter'

Sandeep

vujade January 13th 2003 11:05

here ya go...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...f/fcec9011.jpg

Pillow January 13th 2003 13:19

If you are in Atl feel free to come by my place in Marietta anytime and I will show you what real disc brakes are :) Porsche style.

Going throught the junkyard yesterday Chigger kept commenting about how small and jinky most full size cars brakes were... Then looking at the 944 and Wilwood stuff when we got back to my place... There is no substitute! LOL

Once you get into the GL thing I doubt you can go back to a normal setup and like it.

... But I am a bad influence :)

craigt-from-atl January 13th 2003 13:26

Quote:

Hi,

Go to the main page and you will find the 'Members Rides' section, as well as tech articles and show coverage, and feature articles.

www.germanlook.com and then press 'Enter'

Sandeep
Thanks! I actually did some more digging around and found all the galleries.

NO_H2O January 14th 2003 09:35

1 Attachment(s)
Here is mine

oasis January 14th 2003 10:16

Am I correct NO_H20 that you used a front bumper on the rear and placed taillights where the turn signals would have otherwise gone?

Whatever, looks great.

-René

NO_H2O January 14th 2003 17:57

Oasis, you are correct. I used a frount bumper/brackets on the rear. I hade to mod. the light assy.'s and add a lamp holder to get the amber turn lamp in them as well as the red 1157's for stop/run lights. There is also a bar of LED's for a third brake light in the back window. The fenders and deck lid where shaved (welded) bumpers where chem. striped, blasted, epoxy primed and painted.

njv January 14th 2003 19:06

hi
no h2o thats nice real smooth looking .

may i ask where you purchased a simple strip of leds for your 3rd brake light?

cool.

NO_H2O January 14th 2003 20:04

Believe it or not, I found it at AutoZone. I had to make 2 risers to mount to my speaker tray, that the two ends of the light bar mount to so it would be high enough to be seen.

Tony Z February 10th 2003 14:52

A little late, but this is the link to my site.

My car has changed form a little since, between someones washing machine downloading all its contents on my roof and two people driving into my car, one on the drivers side and one on the passenger side. Not major but noticable.

www.geocities.com/suicyde_vw

let me know what you think, will update it soon, once I get finished with the heads...

NO_H2O February 10th 2003 15:48

Cool Tony. Smooooooooth.

zen February 11th 2003 08:21

very nice tony.

vujade February 11th 2003 11:06

very nice :)

zen February 11th 2003 21:07

Re: Pics of your rides?

Quote:

Originally posted by craigt-from-atl
You guys have any pics of your rides anywhere? I haven't bought my beetle yet, but I'm definitely going with a Type4 engine, and was looking for some other ideas.

I was originally thinking about making it look mostly stock, with the exception of disc brakes and a slight lowering, so I could really blow people away, but could be persuaded to go GL if I see the right stuff. :D

craig, to get back to your question, we are finishing up the website now. as vujade said, you can find some pics in the gallery here and we will post additional on our site for the member's profile. dave is the only one with his car "done". vujade has done some mods, but is very much a work in progress. mine is at paint, but i have done a digital mock up of what it should look like. and pillow is a work in progress on his westy and still looking for the right oval. jhelgesen just joined us and we do not have pics yet, but i believe he is early in the works on his '61 rag.

so the short of the long is we may not be a lot of inspiration in pics, but we have many opinions we are prepared to share.

so when are you joining the crew?