GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   VolkSport Käfer Gruppe (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Taccoa Swap Area, 1 spot or 2 (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4772)

zen September 7th 2004 20:46

5900 Sugarloaf Pkwy, Lawrenceville, GA. map is attached. Sugarloaf Pkwy is just past the exit to my place...about 5 miles or so. don't remember the exit number though. just watch for Hwy 316 and it is a couple exits past that. about 20 miles outside of I-285.

hmmm. getting some database errors when trying to attach. yet another thing to do. just go to mapquest and use the address above.

boygenius September 7th 2004 22:50

Thanks, I'll mapquest it so I can still get lost. :rolleyes: :laugh:

I mapped it out and mapquest says that the whole trip will take about 10.5 hours. Looks like I will be leaving my house at 4:00 am to 5:00 am at the latest to get to the meeting place on time. I can't wait until I can drive 30 minutes to BUGJAM. :D :agree:

Mikey September 8th 2004 22:47

I have some bad news guys. :bawling: I've been thinking about this most of the day, and I don't think I can be able to make it to Toccoa after all. I hate being like this and backing out a few days before the show; but when I commited to Toccoa I had more than enough money, but now I've got a Ghia on the way and I'm planning on going to Canada the second weekend in October. On top of that I've been sick for about a week. So I'm going to the Dr tomarrow and that'll cost more money. I thought I could shake this before the weekend, but I don't think it's gonna happen. It comes down to priorities. (and bad spelling) At least I met most of the members in VKG. I was looking forward to seeing some more GL cars, and hanging out with everyone again. That was Real fun at the last show.

It sucks, I'd push it with this cold, but with out enough money. That won't matter.

I'll be going to the Sevierville, TN show on October 3,4. But I'll be riding with the guy I work for, I won't be driving. If anyone is thinking about going, I'll be there for sure. I'm really sorry guys, this isn't easy to do, but I can't go. :(

boygenius September 9th 2004 00:10

Sorry to hear that Mike. I'll take some pictures for you.

NO_H2O September 9th 2004 01:09

Sorry to hear that Mike,,,,we won't hold it against you. S#!^ happens. Glad to hear you have found a Ghia to wrench on.
We will take pix.

yellow73 September 9th 2004 01:38

Mike,
We will miss you but hope to see you in Sevierville.

Panelfantastic September 10th 2004 17:59

Loaded to go...

All set!
http://pic9.picturetrail.com/VOL267/...5/66351164.jpg

NO_H2O September 10th 2004 19:19

Wow,,,,,now that is a BK boys dream trailer. :eek:
Realy looking forward to this show. I got my stuff packed up,,,, well I still need to pack my duffel.

Carbon Joe September 10th 2004 20:08

Wish I could be there, I sure would like to see the Jake's camp. Make sure you boys take a boat load of pics and please post them.

yetibone September 10th 2004 20:14

Dude, why get a room, you and about 17 friends could camp in that trailer. :laugh: :laugh:

That Bus deserves it.

Panelfantastic September 10th 2004 20:26

The trailer is borrowed and looks pretty road weary but we are glad to have it! I checked it over and spun each wheel, they all seemed solid and not toooo noisy :eek: .
If it was within 100 miles, I'd man-up and drive it, but 1100 round trip... and hurricane weather creepin' up the states... I gotta be like the BK crew :D .
Several kinks not ironed out, ran out of time waiting on parts. We are coming anyway. I may be "under construction", but I think I will still do everybody proud!

Mikey September 10th 2004 20:59

I HAVE to make it to the next show. :bawling: I was really looking forward to getting a close up look at your Bus Panel. That thing is awesome.

I hate missing. :(