GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   brembo 4 pots - is red 'tacky' & too 'max power'? (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1623)

hot66 March 4th 2003 05:58

brembo 4 pots - is red 'tacky' & too 'max power'?

I'm going to be getting my 4pot brembos powder coated soon. At the moment they are stock black colour.

My cabrio is also black.

So should I powder coat the calipers in black, as stock, or maybe I should powder coat them in red or silver?

If they were done in red, I have this worry they may look a bit 'max power' (or 'ricer' for those in the states :) )

anyone got any opinions on colours???

Superman March 4th 2003 06:40

1 Attachment(s)
Silver would look nice with your black car.

NYBugman1972 March 4th 2003 07:58

I think red is the way to go. C'mon, you're running Porsche/Brembo calipers? What's Max Power/Rice/Boy Racer about that? If you dont go red, go black. I don't care much for silver.

Oh, I like the Max Power reference. I have a couple of issues. I think my IQ dropped from reading it...

Superman March 4th 2003 08:23

1 Attachment(s)
These are all factory colors so I don't feel they are tacky at all.

There is also yellow...

GUTTERS March 4th 2003 10:01

do them red, as the lack power boys only paint standard calipers and dont have porsche calipers on theier saxo's do they!!!.:cool: ;)

vujade March 4th 2003 10:14

I dont see what is ricey about using anything Porsche.
If its ricey on your car, then its ricey on the Porsche too.

I think this whole thing where people associate certain mods with rice has gotten out of hand. There aint nothing ricey about a Porsche! :)

Sandeep March 4th 2003 10:23

I'm only painting my rear brembo's red to match my 993 Biturbo fronts. I don't think you should be limited to red, silver, black ect...

Its your car, paint them ANY color you want.

Sandeep

hot66 March 4th 2003 11:12

I think I'm going to get them powdercoated red ( a really bright red :D )

my concerns with the 'ricer' side of things was, most ricers seem to want to have their cars shout 'look at me & the mods i have done' , I didn't want to fall into that trap.

But, all things considered, I think they will look pretty good in bright red, behind my cup1's & mounted to a jet black 60's cabrio :D

lightning bug March 4th 2003 11:32

Don't forget.... most ricers have big wheels to show off their dinky 8" rotors with painted calipers. You'll have big brakes that perform and that's all that matters. Nothing rice about that. Paint 'em camoflage if you want.... its your car. I think the rice crew has it in their head that if it looks trick, it is trick. Yours will be both. Camoflage.......... hmmmmmmm. :silly:

TitoRay March 4th 2003 20:33

Do 'em red, do 'em something bright!! But red with black would be killer...
There are genuine, they are real, and their looks match their performance. There is nothing to hide, show 'em off!:D

oval55 March 4th 2003 21:56

Show them off, brighter the better. Know ricer would be if you put liitle blue lights on them that blinked when the brakes were on. If got Brembos on my 55, I want peaple to see them through my 18" Twists. If florescent colour were a stock colour of Porsche, everone would definetly see them.
Just my 2 cents , Darren :D

volkdent March 5th 2003 01:54

Step out

Why not do another color? Blue or purple or racing green or something? Make it different.

hot66 March 5th 2003 03:52

Quote:

Originally posted by oval55
Show them off, brighter the better. Know ricer would be if you put liitle blue lights on them that blinked when the brakes were on. If got Brembos on my 55, I want peaple to see them through my 18" Twists. If florescent colour were a stock colour of Porsche, everone would definetly see them.
Just my 2 cents , Darren :D

neons on the callipers, nows there's a thought :D :D

you have obviously been studying ricers too much :D

BergRace March 5th 2003 17:59

Do you invest in brakes to use them, or to show them off? Black or the original cast colour is the only way to go. Red is as tacky as coloured lights on a Christmas tree!