GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   VolkSport Käfer Gruppe (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Tampa time again! (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8082)

Pillow October 28th 2006 18:22

Tampa time again!

Role call on who is going to be there???

I am cruizing down I-95 with a few busses. Probably be in Tampa late Thursday or Friday early.

Hope to see all you guys there!

Massive Type IV October 29th 2006 16:41

You forgot a poll question..

"The show sucks and I don't feel like driving several hundred miles to be packed into a Sardine can"....

I went to that show once and won't be going back.. When they gave a trophy out for "Best use of Bondo" I was amazed....

yellow73 October 29th 2006 21:58

I won't be there this year. I have a little project that I am hoping to work on instead.

zen October 29th 2006 22:32

sorry. we decided early in the year we weren't doing Bug Jam as a VKG outing this year due to the many issues they had last. we made Euro Autofest the replacement. i have to say after this year's EAF and talking with the event Chairman after the show, i am making my replacement next year too. WAY more fun than Bug Jam and better cars too. :)

Lazarus October 30th 2006 00:32

driving the m coupe for 25 bucks at the test center seals it for me. not to mention driving 12 hours to a show and being cramped into a space where me and my neighbor could share a 10x10 easy up and it almost covered both cars.not thanks. also bmw is only 20 mins from my front door.

Pillow October 31st 2006 00:10

Man, tough crowd ;)

I agree though that BugJam is not the greatest in some regards. But it does draw an amazing amount of cars, for better or worse. Also the swapmeet is decent. Overall I think for a single event Taccoa has it going on.

But for the entire VW weekend Tampa is a blast. So many events and things to do!

Hopefully next year I can make Eurofest as that sounds awesome as well!!!

yellow73 October 31st 2006 00:28

Sorry that I am missing it this year. Unfortunately I have too much going on to do the trip, maybe next year...

oasis November 3rd 2006 02:35

New kitchen, new deck, Outer Banks, N.C., sectional tournament in Newport News, Va., new Type IV and transaxle in Stockbridge, Ga., Toccoa, Ga., new rear glass and electrical work, national tournament in Kona, Hawaii, new oil pan for the TDI, new oil cooler for the Super ... Tampa is a scratch this year I'm afraid. Maybe next year. I liked it last year and I hope a dyno day will be linked to it again. :)

petevw November 6th 2006 04:12

Nope not this year. No vacation days left.:(

vujade November 10th 2006 10:35

I'll see you there Pillow... Bug Jam is always a blast!!!
Its more then just the show that makes the trip worth it,
its thw whole weekend of events... :D :D :D