GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Facebook - Who's on (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8772)

flat July 4th 2007 22:20

Facebook - Who's on

Who's on facebook? Check out my group...Bugz in the Hood

Lanner

petevw July 5th 2007 06:55

I'm on Facebook.

Bugz in the Hood eh? I remember those guys cruising around when i was young. There was always a white, and a black bug, chromed out engines with decklids which were clear (Lexan?). Didn't the Manahan's start that up? Is that club/group making a comeback?

Lanner got some backround info? Tell us some stories.

flat July 5th 2007 20:38

The name bugz in the hood was started by Ernie and Dodi Manahan. They've long left the scene, although Ernie always talks about his 'new project'. Crazy cars they had, I remember seeing those cars on Burnhamthrope road one night when I was a youth, and that might have been the single event that turned me onto dubs. The one thing that crew had was 'hype'. They'd cruise any chance they got. I long for the good ol' days.....

Ernie and Dodi are still around the GTA, but for now they are not dubbin.

chug_A_bug July 5th 2007 21:41

I'm on Facebook too :)

Chris.
BTW
I have made a GL group for all of us.

gonebuggy July 5th 2007 22:19

I'm on, and in chris' Group also.

Alex

petevw July 5th 2007 22:33

Alex, met your superior today..........:laugh:

Lanner, me too. Saw them always heading east on Bloor, at Keele. Always rode the trails in High Park in my youth. On the way home i'd always see them rolling.

There was another Bugz in the Hood stickered car on Dupont. White with rims that looked like Daytons. Wicked! Was rolling up Caledonia, and spotted a house with bugs/busses in the driveway. Stopped in to say HI. Met Willy and his dad. Was on my way to a VMC (Volkswagen Motorsport Club) in my teens and threw a fan belt on the 401/Keele. limped it to a 7-11 where i bought some pantyhose :o , and limped it to Willy's house at like 10pm. His pops answers the door, and helps me out with a fan belt.:agree:

Last time i saw them cruise, i was working Valet downtown at the 4Seasons (9yrs ago). There must have been 20 ACVW's. I was in AWE!!

They then disappeared and i was cruising solo for many years:
-Downtown cruising Yonge lighting up the street shooting flames out of my open stinger.
-Woodbridge cruising/street racing scene
-Wasaga May 2->4 long weekend with Steve and the bus. (Got nailed every year for no front plate)
-Cayuga throwing down 19.2's pulling the front wheels. :laugh:

I miss those days.

Went out the last couple nights shaking down the carbs/1600dp. Its putting a smile on my face. Only thing is, somebody has to take it out, and let me know if its supposed to be this slow, 'cause i'm going to push the pedal through the floor!

gonebuggy July 5th 2007 22:38

Pete,

Steve?

Alex

petevw July 5th 2007 22:50

Yup, Ed was there yesterday. The plant is shutdown for maintenance work. You guys have been doing some of the "last minute rush jobs" for us/me.

volksdragon July 6th 2007 10:42

i'm on face book as well.

chug_A_bug July 8th 2007 17:46

So volksdragon

add Chris Garbett to your facebook then you can get the rest of the guys

Chris.