GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Let's talk about our avatars (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2970)

Superman September 20th 2003 11:06

Let's talk about our avatars

Quote:

for some reason even I find sandeeps avatar disturbing
I got the above in a PM, the sender will remain nameless. I have decided to reply in public so we can all learn from this.

Sandeep's avatar is a joke. It's from a movie called "Office Space" that was made by Mike Judge (creator of Beavis and Butt-head).

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0151804/

In this movie this character is a computer tech at a software company (same job as Sandeep does) and in the whole movie the fax machine is constantly messing up and making him mad. He is a layed back kinda guy (much like myself) but by the end of the movie the fax machine finally pisses him off enough that he takes it in a field and beats the crap out of it (movie plot).

Very good movie, check it out :cool:

Okay so my avatar is a strut as we all know, what is yours and why?

Keep in mind that we here are an international community and that some things can be read the wrong way because different words (or pictures in this case) can mean something totally opposite to you than what was intended.

Panelfantastic September 20th 2003 11:47

My 3yo greenwing macaw. Her name is "monkey". If you've ever seen captive birds who have their wings clipped, you would understand, they climb around just like little feathered monkeys.

Office Space-excellent movie. If you've ever worked in an office trapped in one of those cubicles, you will get the comedy.... TPS reports?

Sandeep September 20th 2003 16:50

Thanks for the explanation Supe.

'Office Space' was probably on of the funniest movies I've ever seen. It jokes about the corporate world of cubicles and lower level employees.

I thought anyone who has seen the movie would have recognized the avatar. Sorry if I offended anyone !

Sandeep

NYBugman1972 September 20th 2003 16:50

My avatar is a detail shot of my car. Nuff said.

Office space is a cool movie. I can definatly sympathize with a lot of the things that happen in the movie.

Superman September 20th 2003 17:00

I can't wait to hear about sHaPe's avatar, I've always wondered.

Shadowbug September 20th 2003 23:17

some people make it their business in life to go around being offended at things.
people can be stupid.

kdanie September 21st 2003 02:09

I wasn't offended by Sandeep's avitar but I find it distracting and have a hard time reading the posts because my eye keeps going to the movement.

My avitar? 'Aint got one, nothing to show off I guess....
ken

Racelook September 21st 2003 06:55

Soo.. I at least have put an avater on the screen.

It's the same avater that i use on keversite.nl.... It's some kind of example for mine restauration of my 1303S

GReetings Wiebrand

Tom Alltypes September 21st 2003 11:18

Mine currently is the dash of my '51 before it was media blasted. Altough its too small here to tell, some of the white is snow, the paint is worn away where the keys dangled and is rusted there, several layers of paint peeled, etc. I thought it was a great shot and it is also my desktop currently.

I remember that cubicle movie, it was funny, may have to go rent it.

Ron Roberts September 21st 2003 11:29

I thought it was him trying to start his VW with a pull starter,you know, like a lawn mower. I keep looking for the rope but I guess its moving too fast.

Ron

Superman September 21st 2003 12:36

Quote:

Originally posted by kdanie
I wasn't offended by Sandeep's avitar but I find it distracting and have a hard time reading the posts because my eye keeps going to the movement.
I too am slighty distracted by moving avatars but guess I have gotten use to it over the years. Go into your control panel options, you can choose the option not to show avatars.

Superman September 21st 2003 12:42

Quote:

Originally posted by Shadowbug
some people make it their business in life to go around being offended at things.
people can be stupid.

OMG! I know exactly what you mean. Get this, when I first posted my car club's logo design, seen here. I was contacted by someone saying that the strut was very phallic and I should remove it. I replied that if when you look at a strut and it makes you think of a penis then it is you that has a sick problem and I suggest that you get some help, my logo stays.

Shadow, the person that brought this up about Sandeep's avatar isn't one of those type of people and is actually very cool. It was just a misunderstanding.

57Drag September 21st 2003 15:35

I've seen alot worse,actually it's original...Donald

Ron Roberts September 21st 2003 16:28

Quote:

Originally posted by Superman
OMG! I know exactly what you mean. Get this, when I first posted my car club's logo design, seen here. I was contacted by someone saying that the strut was very phallic and I should remove it. I replied that if when you look at a strut and it makes you think of a penis then it is you that has a sick problem and I suggest that you get some help, my logo stays.
Jeez, That poor person must have seen Phalli where ever they looked! :D

Ron

Panelfantastic September 21st 2003 16:33

...I'm easily offended by people who are easily offended :silly:
(JUST kidding around, glad it got explained, no one needs to feel uncomfortable while visiting here)