GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   VolkSport Käfer Gruppe (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Home Sweet Home (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4542)

Sheppsan July 2nd 2004 22:27

Home Sweet Home

Finally made it back to the US from Japan. Hopefully, my '75 Super will get here in a few weeks; I'm keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't get damaged on the ship. Look forward to participating much more in the club now I'm back home. Look forward to meeting all.

Dale (Shepp)

NO_H2O July 2nd 2004 23:06

Welcome home Shep. Are you staying on the right side of the road while driving :laugh: . I had a moment when I got back from the Rock driving on the left side (brain fade), just glad it wasn't a devided road (first trip out in my car).
We look forward to meeting you and putting a face with a name. Our next planned gathering will be at the Southeastern Bug Fair in Toccoa, GA. September 11-12. It is a camping weekend, lots of fun, VKG Club swap area to sell your stuff and a nice swap meet to buy more stuff. There is a hotel close if camping is not your bag.

NO_H2O July 2nd 2004 23:07

Please email us your new address/phone number.

Mikey 1972GL July 3rd 2004 01:16

Welcome back, Hope to meet you at the Southeaster bug fair show. Also, hopefully everything moves okay, and not important gets lost or damaged. :rolleyes:

Mike

vujade July 3rd 2004 13:45

welcome back Dale :D

yetibone July 4th 2004 09:49

Glad you made it back from the other side of Earth safely. I'm looking foreward to meeting you, and seeing your Bug. I've never seen a RHD Super.

See you at Toccoa!

NO_H2O July 4th 2004 14:26

I called Dale on the wat to work last night. Come to find out, we were on Okinawa at the same time, on the same base, in the same squadron (different shop), and had a common friend (I worked with his best friend every day). Hell I have more than likely meet him already. It was 21-23 years ago and I'm racking my brain now but all that is coming out is dust. I have an old 18th EMS year book that I have to dig up now.

boygenius July 4th 2004 15:42

Welcome back... Looking foward to meeting you at the next VKG event. :D

NO_H2O July 4th 2004 15:42

Well I found the book. Dale,, it seems you were on the Yearbook Committee (no pic of the committee). I found a shot of the A/R shop folks but I still can't narrow it down. There is no pix of the Inpection Section crew so my mug is not in there.
Small world,,, damn small world.

Sheppsan July 5th 2004 02:29

Thanks for all the welcome home messages; it's great to be back. Dave I am in the picture taken by the bar in the A/R Shop. However, my book is still in storage, and I can't remember where in the picture I am. As you say, it's a small world.

Shepp

zen July 5th 2004 10:31

welcome back Dale and thanks again for serving our country. if it weren't for people like you, people like me would be living under a different rule.

do send me your updated personal info via the member profile on the VKG site. i need to send you something.