GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   VolkSport Käfer Gruppe (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Select Klasse Car Requirements (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7857)

oasis August 24th 2006 09:32

Select Klasse Car Requirements

While NO_H2O is giving my car new guts, I revisited the VKG site to look at the requirements for a Performance Klasse car and a Select Klasse car. A few questions came to mind.

The first question is for the "Body" category. Shouldn't there be point(s) awarded for air-dams, spoilers and such? I was rather surprised that adding the Kamei spoiler would help my 1302's performance and not be worth at least one point.

The second question may belong in the "Engine" category but it came to mind when I saw fire extinguisher in the "Interior" category. Shouldn't there be points awarded if one has a fire suppressant system in their engine bay? I don't have this -- yet -- but it is now on my to-do list after my visit to Summit.

And finally :D , will somebody be at Toccoa to see if I get two points for "fit and finish" in the "Body" category and at least one point for the same in the "Interior" category. If so, I will have the necessary points for my 1302 to be a Select Klasse car as it is already -- not that would stop me from continuing with my to-do list. ;)

Lazarus August 24th 2006 10:10

i would think with the recent improvements to your ride you shouldnt have any problem improving your status in the gruppe. btw i will be there,not that i have any authority to give points.also i may want to ride in your car instead of you riding with me.a little call back from tampa.:agree:

oasis August 24th 2006 14:35

Instead, my eye ... how about too? ;)

NO_H2O August 24th 2006 23:07

We said when we wrote the rules that they would have to be tweeked as new things come up. The fire system I showed you should be worth a few points. We just didn't think of that at the time.

Massive Type IV August 25th 2006 07:06

I wonder what class Beth's Vert would be in???:rolleyes:

wrenchnride247 August 25th 2006 11:15

Wolf in sheep's clothing Klasse? MassIVe klasse? Just a guess.

zen August 26th 2006 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Massive Type IV
I wonder what class Beth's Vert would be in???:rolleyes:

the girlie klasse. :D

wrenchnride247 August 26th 2006 21:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by zen
the girlie klasse. :D

Ouch! That's wrong dude.:laugh:

Massive Type IV August 27th 2006 00:54

Yeah...

but with 275+ HP whats that gonna make everyone else look like???LOL

we put in 12 hours on the car today- wait till you see the pics of the massive progress!

I spent 8 hours on the fuel tank alone, its not ordinary, thats for sure!

NO_H2O August 27th 2006 22:59

It's going to be bad having a girl with the baddest car in the club. We can just be quiet about it and have all challengers race our Lill-sister first.:laugh:

Massive Type IV August 28th 2006 07:18

Yeah- This car should shut some mouths and keep tham that way.

wait till dyno day!

The best part is it's her car so she can actually compete in something and be able to win, unlike me.

zen August 28th 2006 17:10

all i can say is, thank god she wears a VKG badge. :D the BK buys would never let us live it down if she didn't. i want to see her spank them on the strip!

Massive Type IV August 28th 2006 20:28

Yep, she can idle off the line and still annihilate them!