GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   VolkSport Käfer Gruppe (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Next club meeting 04/09 (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1872)

vujade April 3rd 2003 09:54

Next club meeting 04/09

Ok guys, our next official club meeting is Wed April 9th at 9pm.

I am announcing it early so that everyone is aware in advance.
We would like to see all club members & all newbies too.

NO_H2O April 4th 2003 00:41

I know it will be a shock to you but, I have to work. I will try to tune in from work if it is slow but don't count on it. John an I will have a little meeting of our own at N vs S. ;-). I did hook up with Zen today for a short time, the cards are great. I don't think the BK boys have cards but they do have cool jackets. I saw Kevin Smith's jacket tonight, I has over at his place getting SmacktalkinOrange's electrical system strait. Looks and Horsepower do no good if your wiring don't work.;-) Zen and I kicked around some ideas for jacket. BK jackets are cool, but not the coolest. We could get some way cool jackets done if that sounds cool to ya'll.:cool:

vujade April 4th 2003 08:38

Jackets sound cool, but I am sure you guys would get more use out of them then me down here in Florida :D

NO_H2O April 4th 2003 09:41

Thats true. They wouldn't get much use during the show season in GA. either. A polo or work style shirt might be better, or both.

vujade April 4th 2003 10:11

I could go for both, an embroidered Polo shirt when you want to dress nicer & a light blue work shirt with VKG patches and maybe our name tag too for a more casual look.

What do you think?

NO_H2O April 4th 2003 12:49

That sounds cool. I'm easy.

zen April 4th 2003 17:19

guess we could always do flip-flops for the FL crowd :D.

good idea on the work shirt (at least for as long as that is in style). i have melodee checking with a friend that does embrodery (sp?) on pricing.

i would dish out some cash for a leather jacket with the right logo. we talked about some places around here that quality jackets can be had for great prices as long as you are OK with a bomber jacket.

embrodered hats are cheap too.

NO_H2O April 5th 2003 00:06

D - All of the above.

vujade April 6th 2003 17:34

just wanted to keep this thread active for all those that havent responded that they will be attending Wed

zen April 6th 2003 20:19

don't think i even mentioned it, but i will be there. only chance i will not is if band practice gets rescheduled.

btw, for those in the atlanta area, we (my band powerplay) just booked the big "Spring Fling" show at the Mall of Georgia on May 3rd. i don't even know the full line up, but there are a ton of bands. this is at their outdoor facility with full stage production. we go on at 3:00.

we will also be playing Music Midtown at the Artist's Area Stage. i believe we go on at 2:00 there on Sunday, May 4th. checkout their site for the lineup that day. i know Def Lepard, India.Are, and others perform that day and night. hell get tickets for the weekend. a lot of bang for the buck. www.musicmidtown.com.

would love to see some of you out there. be sure to say hi. i am the bass player. if you have never heard of us, checkout our site at www.powerplayrocks.com.

NO_H2O April 6th 2003 21:48

Just got back from N vs S, had a great time at the show. I meet jhelgesen and talked for a while, he was a little busy( had some stuff to sell) but we did get to talk and I gfave him some of the club cards.
It rained, no it pored all the way there and my wipers quit before I got out of Conyers. But I waxed the windshield and went for it. I did blast past everone so I didn't have to put up with their spray and told them on the radio that I wanted to see all the BK in my rearview. I did hlod that position for about 1 hour before I gave it a rest. I did get 1 of 2 68 and up custom show winner trophies(not that I care) after the 5 hour drive thru the rain(trailer queen not).

zen April 7th 2003 08:29

representin'

vujade April 7th 2003 08:35

sux about the wipers :(

congrats on the Trophy :D

NO_H2O April 7th 2003 11:49

I fixed the wipers as soon as the car was judged, in fact I was standing there with tools in hand while he(the judge) was filling out his sheet. The "C" clip came off the motor shaft, had to remove the air box to get up to it.:silly:

Pillow April 8th 2003 11:25

FWIW my wipers do not work either :(

Congrats on the trophy!!!