GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   20hrs later I am a daddy.. (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6514)

LOAF September 20th 2005 19:09

20hrs later I am a daddy..

Figured I'd share with the extended family..

We went in for a routine visit at her doctor, when all hell broke loose, and some complications occurred.. Next thing you know we are speeding to the hospitol, getting into scubs and running to the OR.. Thank God baby recovered and we didn't have to operate immediately..

Over the night they tried to induce but that brough on other complications.. and issues..
Finally, this morning she started to dilate, about 5cm.. and I thought all things were going well.. but Murphy wouldn't let us have it our way.. and the baby started to act up.. (to put it mildly).. Next thing I know.. its put scrubs on, and we are heading to the OR...

With all this trama.. I must thank God, that everything did end up well.. I am a daddy, of a 7 lbs, 12 oz, 19 inch little moster ;) who came out bitting the doctor.. (that is fighter :) )

My wife is stable and doing well know in recovery.. the baby is fine.. and I am exhausted.. Went home to shower, clean up and heading back for moral support..

If you have ever under estimated or doubted, the caring, knowledge, and concern of our medical community.. I tell you they have earned my upmost respect..

Picks to come.. I will post tomorrow.. I spied a community machine so I can catch up on the SB stuff when the wife is sleeping ;)

To those that are parents, I now understand.. these little buggers, are so precious, beautiful.. that words can't explain..

Probably won't be saying that when the baby comes home finally, but either way I have added a new bundle of joy, and luv to my family.. God's greatest gift to me and my wife.. as well as a new VW fan..
Take care, I am heading to the shower..
Alex

zen September 20th 2005 21:09

congrats Alex!!!!! your life will never be the same...in good and bad ways. :D

bow September 20th 2005 22:07

congrats from tennessee

libila September 20th 2005 23:16

Congrats man! It's great to hear that everything and everyone turned out fine.

LOAF September 21st 2005 12:20

To everyone,
Thanks.. for the kind words..

Everything is good with little Kristian.. aka Chomper.. since he bit the doc on the way out..

Wife is relaxed, and getting the Queen treatment.. Came home to check on things, grab a shower.. and I am back to the hospital..

As so many people say it changes your life, and outlook.. Wow, I a dad.. something I would never have thought.. but looking at his face.. Man worth it.. Pics to come..
Alex

LOAF September 21st 2005 13:24

3 Attachment(s)
Some pics.. after the grueling labor..

VR

Alex

Rob September 21st 2005 18:43

Congrats man !

And yeah, what Zen said :D :D

Rob.

LLVWGL September 22nd 2005 02:04

congrats, soon enough he will be asking for the keys to your car. :eek:

LOAF September 22nd 2005 11:05

LOL.. but first I have to finish it..
So that should buy me some time..

LOL.. that was a good one.
Alex

Racelook September 22nd 2005 11:12

Congrats

Wiebrand

LOAF September 23rd 2005 18:18

So far so good..

If no issues mama bear and baby are coming home..

Now I hope I can escape a few hrs and pick off where I left off ;) but we will have to see..

Happy Daddy,
Alex

beetle1303 September 24th 2005 09:08

Congrats man!!! i saw the pics and on the last one you got the smile you were talking about... Best wishes. Keep your GL coming and a new GL member maybe someday??lol

Chris

NO_H2O September 24th 2005 22:09

Congrats to you and your wife. Thats a fine looking young-n you have there.

vujade September 25th 2005 08:09

congrats Alex :laugh:

volkdent September 25th 2005 14:18

And you thought Vdubs were time consuming! Enjoy!

Jason