GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   German Look Tuning (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   1952 circuit racer on the way (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6480)

jimby September 13th 2005 08:45

1952 circuit racer on the way

Hi german lookers

Ive just bought a 1952 split window bug to compete in the UK Aircooled Cup. its going for a welded in cage from der botcheinvolks, a 2366 T4 motor, dry sump, fuel injection, ECU, sparco seats, luke harnesses, lifeline system, plexi windows, impreza calipers and discs, huge wheels and semi slick tyres!

road legal, race log-booked and hopefully a whole load of fun :D

i did a few vwdrc races in the oval so ive got most of the kit lying round, and ive done my full race licence.

i suppose it will be a german look :)

ps
are there any split window circuit racers around?

Wally September 13th 2005 09:29

I really would appreciate a picture or two... :rolleyes:

jimby September 13th 2005 09:51

well the car is being delivered tonight to my workshop where the old race oval is so ill get some snaps later. :)

LOAF September 13th 2005 10:03

WOW..

Sure would be interested in seeing the brake set up..

You mention impreza, are we talking subaru 4 pots, Brembos, or single pot impreza calipers..
Being a Scooby guy I have some of these parts laying around.. (single pots) and 4 pots on the car.. so I would not mind seeing what was done to have them mounted as well as how the spindle and hub were made.

Thanks
Alex

Racelook September 13th 2005 17:45

Picciessssssssss

:D

jimby September 14th 2005 16:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOAF
WOW..

Sure would be interested in seeing the brake set up..

You mention impreza, are we talking subaru 4 pots, Brembos, or single pot impreza calipers..
Being a Scooby guy I have some of these parts laying around.. (single pots) and 4 pots on the car.. so I would not mind seeing what was done to have them mounted as well as how the spindle and hub were made.

Thanks
Alex

rear 2 pot calipers from a WRX, they are nice and light and if a two pot caliper is enough for a lotus elise its enough for a bug in my opinion. no point in fitting brakes that do more than enough, ill only have to carry the extra weight round the circuit. the hubs will have to be custom made and im not sure where the law stands on handbrakes?

piccies, sorry i didn't get time to take photos i had a BBQ to get to :D

Rob September 14th 2005 18:55

Sounds very cool, bring on the pics !!

What are you doing for suspension ? Also very interested in teh Sube brake setup....

Rob.

Sandeep September 15th 2005 11:18

COOOL ! :D

What are you doing for suspension ? Are you using the original bits or going with something different ? IRS/BJ or SWING/LP ?

Thanks

Sandeep

jimby September 15th 2005 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandeep
COOOL ! :D

What are you doing for suspension ? Are you using the original bits or going with something different ? IRS/BJ or SWING/LP ?

Thanks

Sandeep

probably going to look for an IRS/balljoint pan. we can then bend the upper arms on the beam to get the extra camber, anti roll bar and extra castor. at the rear going to look at a z-bar and something to limit travel.

wouldn't it be great to just ditch the lot and fabricate double A arms in instead :D

beetlecupdriver September 20th 2005 17:06

Wally

Is there any Beetle/aircooled racing series in the Netherlands?

Wally September 21st 2005 02:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by beetlecupdriver
Wally

Is there any Beetle/aircooled racing series in the Netherlands?

Nope, I believe there is only one beetle participating in the Youngtimer trophy...

In Germany however there is the 'boxer Pokal'! : www.boxerpokal.de
Make sure to check that site; sure you'll like it. It has many ex-Kaefer-Cup cars in it :D

Greets,
Walter

judgie September 21st 2005 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wally

In Germany however there is the 'boxer Pokal'! : www.boxerpokal.de
Make sure to check that site; sure you'll like it. It has many ex-Kaefer-Cup cars in it :D

Greets,
Walter

cool site.
same sort of thing as what i am doing hear in the uk,sprints and hilclimbs.just i am the only aircooled car doing it.
cheers rob

lazylongboarder September 23rd 2005 23:02

Sounds great so far...Keep us informed

Axl September 29th 2005 23:45

I see a common theme running through most of the posts on this , and I will add my voice to the people's request - WE NEED PICS!!!!!
Thank you . Axl.

jimby October 6th 2005 17:02

sorry guys, im a bit lazy in my old age.
this is her
http://files.photojerk.com/jimby/llyod.JPG

imagine it in a nice olive green colour but GT LeMans styling. simple and functional. :)