GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   VolkSport Käfer Gruppe (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   chat tomorrow night (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1448)

zen February 11th 2003 21:32

chat tomorrow night

well, once again my schedule is housing me. i have a last minute rehearsal tomorrow night. so i will miss the chat. you guys have fun though. the band has their first gig in 4 months thursday and we have a replacement drummer to top it off. our drummer had surgery on his wrist. dangerous thing for a drummer.

anyway, club business...i would like for us to get a plan together on a bank account so we can tie paypal in and take membership payments in that way if needed. but paypal requires a bank account or credit card to tie to. i can check with suntrust or other banks around here to see how has free checking for a non-profit club. someone has to have one. throw some ideas out though and let me know what you think.

also, need home page content and any other web site stuff you guys can think of. i will try to finish up all updates this week and we can announce it next.

we need to see if we can plan some shows too. i think melodee and i will be going to JAX on 3/30. i would like to do N vs. S too. have to check the calendar on that one.

have fun and i will catch up with you guys later in the week.

jhelgesen February 11th 2003 22:11

I know the local CCB has absolutly free checking. Got any CCB's over there?

vujade February 12th 2003 04:30

I have some content for you Zen, I just havent typed it up yet.
I will try tomorrow if I am not to busy.

Whatever you guys decide on the bank is ok with me.

I am definitely in for tomorrow nites chat.

I am definitely going to Jax Beach show too.
It is a smaller show, but from what I hear it is a good one.

zen February 12th 2003 08:05

I've never heard of CCB. Will check though.

If we come down to Jax I will bring the passat. Not sure if I will show it though. Probably.

NO_H2O February 12th 2003 09:53

I will be working again. Maybe I can tune in at work for a minute.

vujade February 12th 2003 22:28

Where are you guys?

Pillow, Zen, Dave & John?

vujade February 13th 2003 10:26

We had an informal chat last nite.

It was me, Jhelgeson, Alex & 57Mutant.
It wasnt really a VKG meeting though.

zen February 13th 2003 10:34

good (that some people made it) and bad (that most of VKG couldn't) then. sorry i couldn't make it. rehearsal was a must for us. leaving in a little for the gig too. wish us sales (we are already good :)).

vujade February 13th 2003 10:37

I knew you werent gonna make it Zen, I was wondering what happened to Pillow & Dave.

jhelgesen February 13th 2003 11:48

Zen, I'll wish you plenty of sales ;), you need the money.

Pillow February 13th 2003 12:27

Sorry, ended up at the Thrashers vs. Capitals hockey game at the last minute (free suite pass). Too bad the Thrashers got killed.

As for the bank account, why do we need one? I suspect that we are not going to be handling large quantities of cash. I say stick it in a lock box and write money orders ($.75) when needed otherwise just use cash.

At this time I have been collecting the "dues" through my PayPal account and just keeping track of what the club has. When we decide what is up with the $ I will move it wherever is needed.

I think until we actually have some huge balance screw it I can just keep our money roll in a sock at home ;) Easier and cheaper than a bank PITA.

As for business I think we need to decide on the logo so we can start printing up the window stickers.

Later,

vujade February 13th 2003 12:29

I agree on the logo. We really need to move forward on this.
So far, I really dont think we have the logo we need to represent us.

NO_H2O February 13th 2003 17:35

I was working last night. Didn't get a chance to get on the net. Had 5 airplanes to keep track of and one of them came in the gate realy broke just after midnight and was due out at 0620.