GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   Project Builds (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   1303 steet legal race car in NZ (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6577)

brent October 4th 2005 05:56

1303 steet legal race car in NZ

5 Attachment(s)
Hi there viewers, well I have been working on this for 6 years and are coming close to getting this thing finaly finished. Any questions are welcome. here is a breif descrition of whats been done. 1973 super beetle. All steel body. 2.5 lt dry sumped tp 1, all the best fruit. aprox 200+ hp. single sideplate box with sherman 5 spd, all the fruit. the list is massive but over several mail will get all down to people interested. I widened the guards 50mm front and 80mm rear.Painted this week so new pic coming when fitted. 3 piece arrow wheels. 8 x 15" and 10 x 15" 11" drilled brakes, billet 4 pot callipers. Lot of german after market parts in suspension, front adjustable kersher, rear are QA1 with ebach, 2 alloy coolers up front. Body off pan and total rebulid every nut bolt changed or modified. Passat rack, chrome molly steering arms, rod ends, full areoquip braided lines. I made the dash from nothing fits around the cage, auto meter guages completely removable 5 mins. hope this is making sence?
I have tried to attach some pics so hope this aal works. regards Brent. yes im in new Zealand.

NO_H2O October 4th 2005 08:15

Very nice :agree:

Sandeep October 4th 2005 09:57

That is crazy .. WELL DONE :clap:

Let see some more pictures !

Sandeep

volkdent October 4th 2005 13:13

Super mean! ;) Looks like it's going to be a hoot! Keep us posted as it starts to get smoky!

Jason

ricola October 4th 2005 16:02

Wow, that thing's gonna fly round the bends! :laugh:

Rich

Jeza October 4th 2005 20:04

Mate thats insane...

I bet there are a lot of VW Kiwis that would love to see that.

Hows about a quick post at www.nzveedubnuts.com

I wonder how many people down here knew you were building such an awesome car.

Hopefully it makes it to a nationals... it would give me a good reason to show up!

Cheers
Jeremy

s1fter October 4th 2005 20:38

Wow...

Well done!!! I did not know that was being built here in NZ!!!

Will you be at the Nationals with it???

lazylongboarder October 5th 2005 01:07

To quote Napoleon..."it's..., it's incredible"

Very impressed. Keep us posted, just can't wait to be at the 6 year mark of working on my car :laugh: . Maybe i'll have a gazillian horsepower by then and a 10 speed G50.

lazylongboarder October 5th 2005 01:12

Since the rear right tire is a slick and the left is treaded, the car looks a little like a midget race car. All you need is a 5 foot long wing for a roof and wheelies at 70 mph in the dirt.

brent October 5th 2005 05:05

pictures

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandeep
That is crazy .. WELL DONE :clap:

Let see some more pictures !

Sandeep

Thanks, yes i will attached some more pics for you, hope to get guards on v-soon.

brent October 5th 2005 05:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by NO_H2O
Very nice :agree:

Thanks very much.

brent October 5th 2005 05:15

handling

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricola
Wow, that thing's gonna fly round the bends! :laugh:

Rich

Thanks, well I hope it should handle well, dont intend to bend it but will have to give it a good blow out for sure.

brent October 5th 2005 05:19

tyres

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazylongboarder
Since the rear right tire is a slick and the left is treaded, the car looks a little like a midget race car. All you need is a 5 foot long wing for a roof and wheelies at 70 mph in the dirt.

Yea looks a little stupid with the two different tyres. When I was modifying the guards wanted to make sure that all tyre options wouldnt rub. Not sure about the wing thing? I have got a front spoiler which I will look at fitting another day. Was the one off a race car in Austrlia. There are a few options around but most are ugly. Thanks

brent October 5th 2005 05:48

More picutres and info as requested.

4 Attachment(s)
I have attached a few more pictures. As things progress I will take some more of the car. I was going to keep this car quiet and have managed to for few years now but I get much satisfaction from peoples responce and enquiries. Fire away?

brent October 5th 2005 05:58

Nationals

Quote:

Originally Posted by s1fter
Wow...

Well done!!! I did not know that was being built here in NZ!!!

Will you be at the Nationals with it???

I went to the nationals many years ago and got very crook, had to turn around and come home [food poisoning]. Not sure to answer you question, It certainly wont see the rain but you never know may just turn up one day.Do you think it may drag a few people up here to Auck if was on display in Giltrap or something? When are the Nat anyway? Cheers Brent.