GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   VolkSport Käfer Gruppe (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   UK members? (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1195)

MdR January 13th 2003 12:38

UK members?

How about taking members from the SE of the UK?
I qualify for that, even if I am on the correct side of the Atlantic.

Tho' I have to admit to keeping the standard trim on the car, I reckon the ribbed aluminium looks good ;)

Martin

vujade January 13th 2003 13:12

well we are open to you starting a UK chapter of the club...:)

Pillow January 13th 2003 13:15

I thought there were some UK GL clubs?... Us in the colonies being a little behind ;)

I think the UK needs a GL club! Lots of interest over there if people want to get together and try it out.

Good Luck,

MdR January 13th 2003 13:39

Quote:

Originally posted by vujade
well we are open to you starting a UK chapter of the club...
Kool. All I need is someone to do it for me . . .

Quote:

Originally posted by Pillow
I thought there were some UK GL clubs?... Us in the colonies being a little behind ;)

True, but I liked the idea of an international one . . . ;)

hot66 January 13th 2003 14:33

UK German Look Club.....this is news to me :)

As far as I can see, the main problem is a good % of the UK German Look cars are still being built (well mine is anyway :D )

Pillow January 13th 2003 16:18

>I liked the idea of an international one <

I consider this site to be just that, a world GL community. In my opinion anyway.

Good point hot66! Even in the US I bet you can count ten fingers how many completed GL cars are out there. That I know of at least. Most of us are in the process.

My bus is only half GL right now :( 944 fronts and stock steel rims on the rear.... Sad!

Zen still has drums on the back... hint hint ;) But basically in the paint shop for a while.

Vujade is working hard. Still collecting parts, but done a lot already.

NoH2O, is just pulling his out and should be the first real GL done in Georgia that I know of.

Chigger is still working on his as well. Granted he has done most all of the hard stuff and is entering the put it all together phase.

We are all innovators and pioneers here and really are a nitch in the ACVW scene... For now...

Alex January 13th 2003 17:28

Well.....
my opinion is to that the UK GLers should start their own club.
We will fully support that and any new GL club that supports our site will get a their own Club forum.
Same thing as with VKG.

This way you will know what is happening locally.
Nevermind that SE USA will be as big as Europe :hehehe: :hehehe: :hehehe: but you will have more GL members (cars) in Europe....even just the UK I bet.

You have enough people in the UK that have and are building GL ACVWs and enough tuners to support you hopefully too.

So get started. At least think about it.

Alex

Andy White January 14th 2003 04:05

Count me in!

I'm only 65% to completion but next year, fingers-crossed we could arrange some street racing!

MdR January 14th 2003 06:08

THE BIG QUESTION

What the hell would we call ourselves?
German Look Work In Progress Near There Won't Be Long Now
seems a bit of a mouthful . . .
yours unhelpfully
Martin
GL (not quite finished yet. Be ready for summer, not sure which one tho')

Tim January 14th 2003 07:13

Hello,
Do I meet your membership requirement? I am from Hong Kong, SE of Asia. I just start my project of a circuit race only 1303 because I want to participate in a Beetle racing event in the 2nd half of this year organized by a local VW fan club. My car will definitely be GL influenced.
Thanks
Tim ;)

Chris Percival January 14th 2003 09:28

UK GLers should join the UK VWTRA (VW Track Racing Association) that I am trying to startup. Goto http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vwtrackday/ to discuss..

Alex January 14th 2003 09:45

I am a huge supporter of GL clubs around the world but if you want to get your own club forum your club has to follow the rules of the GermanLook....which are hard enough to come up with.

It should be similar to the VKG rules.
Also those Club forums are only for Club talk about for example local shows, meets and get togethers and whatever else falls into this catergory.

The Technical stuff should still be posted in the Technical Forums.

Alex