GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   I QUIT my JOB (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8200)

chug_A_bug December 11th 2006 16:33

I QUIT my JOB

ok so it saids it all in the Title so I quit my job today at 2:53pm today and now I don't know what to do, anyone looking for a WORKER ;) I can do al kindas a things :)

lol
Chris.

Glock December 11th 2006 19:58

Why did ya quit?,If i hear of anything i'll let you know

chug_A_bug December 11th 2006 22:04

it's ALLL B/S in the shop the guys were taking **** and hiding **** when all I wanted to do was F@$k work not play games.

Doogie S December 12th 2006 14:05

chug_A_bug,

Pack up you bug and head west my friend. No shortage of work here in Alberta!:p

Doug

chug_A_bug December 12th 2006 15:03

really doing??

Doogie S December 13th 2006 18:27

Doing most anything and everything...

Instead of mobile signs advertising what's on sale, most are advertising wages and benefits. :p If you are in construction or some type of associated trade, you can basically have your pick of where you want to go. Alberta companies have been advertising into BC and Saskatchewan pulling people out of those provinces because we have such shortages in skilled workers.

Hell, even Tim Horton's is advertising work 4 hrs, get paid for 5 hrs and the 7/11 last week had a sign up promoting a $700 sign-up bonus. :eek:

I don't think there is one labor sector that isn't looking for people.

What type of work do (or should I say, did) you do? I can email you some adds or put you onto some leads.

Doug

chug_A_bug December 14th 2006 01:10

hey doug, that woul dbe supter Sweet if you could hook me up with links or Info, I do work in the trades Fab work Welding, autobody, machinc I'm an all rounded kinda guy.

thanks
Chris.

the bug would have to stay here tho :(

Doogie S December 15th 2006 00:56

chug_A_bug,

Check out these on-line postings for Edmonton, AB...

http://workingedmontonjobs.canada.co...ookid=edmonton

I think there are over 2,000 jobs listed on this one, which uses ads from the major newspapers in the city.

What has happened in Edmonton is that most everyone with a ticket or piece of paper from a tech school has no problem getting a position in just about any field. What is now happening is what I call "Poaching" from other firms. It's basically word of mouth, as the firm I used to work for is offering a $1,000 bonus to any employee who recommends someone to the partners who gets hired. I think most have given up the advertisement route, as anyone who is employable already is.

Skilled employees are really in demand, especially in construction and oil field work. Drywallers, Welders, Carpenters, Electricians, Framers, you name it, there are lots of jobs available. I counted 7 temporary signs advertising for people on my way home today.

If you have your welding ticket, a good friend of mine is a welder and I can get you some info on where to apply. He is a structural steel welder, not autobody though.

Doug

chug_A_bug December 15th 2006 01:49

sweet thanks but I don't have any tickets just yet I'm just leaning still, but I can weld and that. thanks again

Chris.

Doogie S December 15th 2006 12:21

Experience is almost a good a teacher as schooling, IMHO, and if you have the experience you shouldn't have much of a problem.

Best of luck.

Doug

chug_A_bug December 15th 2006 20:28

well guys good new I got a ok job for now just working at Krown Car care
so it will pay the bils for now but I'm still looking to move out west :)

Chris.

Mikey December 16th 2006 02:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doogie S (Post 55741)
Doing most anything and everything...

Instead of mobile signs advertising what's on sale, most are advertising wages and benefits. :p If you are in construction or some type of associated trade, you can basically have your pick of where you want to go. Alberta companies have been advertising into BC and Saskatchewan pulling people out of those provinces because we have such shortages in skilled workers.
Doug

HAHA, I'm a certified welder and I doubt I can find a job in this city to save my life. :laugh:

And, I wouldn't mind living in the great white north also, I'll think about that.

Bullyboy December 17th 2006 13:11

Last I heard Calgary alone had 3000+ job listings.

chug_A_bug December 17th 2006 15:12

hey guys this place ROCKS the guy that OWNS it has a tranny shop nextdoor too :) and I only have to pay for parts :) and he also has a Machanical shop too that I can hoping to move too :) hells ya and it sweet pay to start too.

Chris.

Doogie S December 18th 2006 18:25

Hey Mikey,

Pack up your snow tires and head on out. My buddy was working for the local welding union, so he has jumped around a bit, but he has NEVER been without work. Last few months he was doing a bridge rebuild right downtown and now he's out at a plant doing some work during a shutdown. He's looking to say relatively close to home.

He could head up to Fort McMurrey almost anytime he wants, as they are absolutly desperate for people up there. Living accommodations suck, from what I've heard, but with the OT and long hrs, all you really need is a place to sleep.;)

Bullyboy - Calgary is going like crazy as well, but housing is a bit more inflated. Besides, you would have to put up with all the Flames fans... :p

If you're young and not tied down with kids, wife, etc... I would seriously look at the opportunity, as we haven't seen this type of growth since the 1980's and it is expected to last for at least another 10 years.

(I sound like an advertisement for the City of Edmonton...sheesh:cool: )

Doug