GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   VolkSport Käfer Gruppe (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Toccoa Bug Fair,,,,Whos going? (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4604)

NO_H2O July 21st 2004 00:05

Toccoa Bug Fair,,,,Whos going?

OK, Who is planning to do the Bug Fair? Are we doing the swap meet area again? I say yes to both. I think we should do it just like last year only get there and set up a little earlier so we can get the cars cleaned and ready the night before, I blew it off last year due to the number of beers I had the night before and the Paterson brothers passing out shots :haveadrin :drunk: :haveadrin . Sure was fun tho, watching Dan start the fire and listening to his girlfriend talking about their dirty little secrets. :laugh:

boygenius July 21st 2004 00:16

Count me in... When is it again. :D

NO_H2O July 21st 2004 04:20

Sept. 11-12

zen July 21st 2004 08:29

i'm in...with a car this time damn it. still have to work out how exactly i am going to get the kids up there though and have them camp in in the van. that is their singular goal in life at the moment. i'm in for the swap area as well.

we can meet up at my place for a caravan up if you want. at least for the guys coming from the south, east or west.

vujade July 21st 2004 09:18

Id like to go, but I got in a car wreck this past weekend and have no idea what I would drive up there. The only way I could go at the moment is if Brandon would cart my butt up there... ;)

NO_H2O July 21st 2004 09:56

Car wreck? Are you ok? What were you driving?

yellow73 July 21st 2004 09:57

Joe,
I hope that you are OK. Which car were you in that wrecked?

I plan to be at Toccoa may have some stuff for the swap meet.

zen July 21st 2004 11:47

i'll answer for him. :D he was in the 2000 Jetta he has only had a few weeks. when i talked to him the day or two after he was sore, but OK.

joe, you have a month and half to get something to drive up here in. plenty of time. :D if not, maybe BG can throw you on the back of the bike he will probably buy by then. augh, the thought. i would be scared to death. :laugh:

vujade July 21st 2004 11:50

I was in my 00' Bora VR6 that I bought a little over a month ago.

Some idiot cut into my lane just as I was making a left hand turn.
He got a ticket for illegal lane change, but that doesnt help me or the car.
The car is sitting in impound. The front end was torn off. And I ended up with a stiff neck. Going to the chiropracter today and then to see a lawyer.

I have my bug & my fasty on the road, but neither is ready for this kind of trip yet. If I can get my T4 done, I may be able to go in the fasty. But it doesnt look like it will be done in time for Toccoa.

yellow73 July 21st 2004 20:50

I am glad that you are OK, sorry about the car, but you have plenty of time before Toccoa....I hope

Mikey 1972GL July 22nd 2004 00:59

Hey Joe, Sucks about the wreck, but glad to hear you're okay. :agree:

As far as Taccoa Bug Fair, I am a strong maybe. Over 50% but less than 100%. I would have to say about 80%. I might miss if I find the Best Ghia I can and it just takes all my money. But unless that happens, I'll probly be there. Maybe if I a great Ghia for a good price, I just might be there in it.

Anywho... the grand total is about 80% yes. :cool:

Mike

boygenius July 22nd 2004 02:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by vujade
Id like to go, but I got in a car wreck this past weekend and have no idea what I would drive up there. The only way I could go at the moment is if Brandon would cart my butt up there... ;)

Sorry about the car man, that sucks...

I'm about 90% sure I'm going and I would be happy to pick you up. I'm getting better at not falling asleep while driving. :sleep:

boygenius July 22nd 2004 02:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by zen
if not, maybe BG can throw you on the back of the bike he will probably buy by then. augh, the thought. i would be scared to death. :laugh:

Got it tonight and put it back together. It was sort of a scratch and dent sale... :laugh: I am now the proud owner of a 2004 GSX-R 1000... :D I'll post some pics tomorow...

zen July 22nd 2004 08:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey 1972GL
I might miss if I find the Best Ghia I can and it just takes all my money. But unless that happens, I'll probly be there. Maybe if I a great Ghia for a good price, I just might be there in it.
Mike

or the Best Ghia may be for sale AT the show. :agree:

Panelfantastic July 22nd 2004 12:08

Sucks about the wreck...definately bring an attorney on board asap.

I will start plans now to see if I can trailer the bus down for the event but that is a looong haul and I am swamped this time of year :rolleyes: ...