GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   newb here, well more of a lurker (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10467)

Eurotrs March 4th 2010 11:18

newb here, well more of a lurker

Been reading up on here for a while now, great site, with tons of info.

I have a 74 Super sitting on Cup1s 17x9 rear 17x7.5 fronts 2 inch wider rear fenders, topline maxx struts, and front disc conversion.

This bug started as a father son project in 1998, it hit the road for the first time last year, It sat painted and ready to be finished for about 5 years.

Last year I decided to stop screwing around with turbo hondas and other builds that I had along the way and focus my energy on the beetle. This year I am planning on new seats, either 996, rsx, e46, celica, or TT something comfortable. THe interior has new carpet, headliner and recovered stock seats.

I want to recover my dash with the 3m carbon fiber wrap stuff or get it flocked, since I have some cracks, its an Arizona car.

I also need to finish wet sanding and buffing. Then maybe get rid of my huge 74 bumpers for something smaller.

My ultimate goal is to swap a 2.5 STI motor in and get to around 400whp. I wont be able to start this project until the winter.

Cheers,

Dan

volkdent March 4th 2010 21:33

Good to have you officially here! Sounds like it will be quite a ride, just update brakes and tranny and the Suby lump should be a lot of fun. What are your plans for stopping that thing?

Post pics so we can see what you have so far.

Jason

wrenchnride247 March 5th 2010 00:14

Welcome to the GL forums eurotrs. Do you have pix? (I'm sure you know someone would ask :))

NO_H2O March 5th 2010 05:16

Welcome. Glad to have you here. Sounds like a great project.

Eurotrs March 5th 2010 09:56

I will get some pics up this weekend, I have to take some and the bug is covered in a bit of dust, maybe if the snow melts I can pull it out of the garage.

I was planning on stopping it using my topline front disc conversion, but I have a feeling they are not big enough to handle the abuse that I will most likely put it through(track days, brake boosting, etc)

zen March 5th 2010 14:13

Glad you stopped lurking and jumped in. It's activity on here that keeps it alive. Welcome and look forward to learning more on your ride.

AIRSICK March 5th 2010 14:15

Awsome! Welcome!

Sounds like a great car!

Humble March 5th 2010 14:25

Welcome, I can't wait to see some pics. You'll notice once you get the bug out on the street people favor a hot bug more than a souped up honda. Make sure you get a build thread going :)

Eurotrs March 5th 2010 14:46

I have to finish my kitchen remodel before I get a build thread going, but I plan on it.