GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   If I wasn't done with Trends last month, I am now (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4626)

jhelgesen July 25th 2004 15:57

If I wasn't done with Trends last month, I am now

So I open my Trends the other day, flip a few pages, and land on a full page ad for natural male enhancement. WTF!?? This is supposed to be a car magazine, right? Can't even let my boy look at the magazine anymore.

I was gonna just let my subscription run out, but screw this now, I'm calling and getting it stopped, they can send me a check.

NO_H2O July 25th 2004 17:50

Yep, their on a roll.(down-hill fast)

TitoRay July 25th 2004 18:48

I almost thought it was a joke. Sad... :(

Shadowbug July 25th 2004 18:53

I don't even bother buying it anymore, they were a top notch magazine only a few years ago, now theres nothing worth reading in there, so I pick it up off the news stand flip through it to see if they've goth there act together, then put it back cause it still sucks.

and if anyone figures we need to support the magazine so they can afford to get their act together, I say stick it, its a commercial product, if it sucks it deserves to dissapear and make room for another that can do the job right.

NO_H2O July 25th 2004 19:03

They had a change in editors a couple years back. I think that is what is killing them. No more cutting edge stuff that kept me buying it before. That coupled with what they did with our area's Dyno Day coverage did it for me. My last issue came 3 months ago. I will wait to see if they wake up before I buy one again.

Supa Ninja July 25th 2004 20:03

My last issue came 2 and half years ago and I've only bought one since and that was the one that featured six GLers. I don't like wasting my money on crap.

Richie July 26th 2004 03:08

Hello,

Let my subscription run out 2 years ago. Haven't missed it yet! Well maybe the features about Jake :mad: :bawling:

Cheers,
Richard

Mikey 1972GL July 26th 2004 03:08

I believe the ad is so very stupid. I almost fell on the floor laughing. :o I don't like the fact that it's in Trends at all, but it's just soo funny.

I'm sure it wasn't put in there as a joke. I wouldn't want my kid reading that. honestly, This isn't playboy. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if I'll renew my subscription, or save the money for a project. :confused:

Mike

vujade July 26th 2004 09:44

I understand why you guys are upset with Trends. It has sucked bad the last few years, but I dont understand why you would get upset over male enhancement ads. They show these on TV every day during the daytime, not just late at night. They are not just in Playboy. If you dont let you kids read the mag, then your probably gonna have to not let them watch TV either.

Not really trying to stir the pot, just wondering why these would upset you?

Supa Ninja July 26th 2004 20:47

I miss the good ole days when there were half naked chicks in the popular US Vee Dub mags, now it's male enhancements crap, I get enough spam emails about that stuff. I myself am not offended about it, but the magazine is not worth the 17 bucks a year or whatever the subscription is now.

NO_H2O July 26th 2004 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supa Ninja
I miss the good ole days when there were half naked chicks in the popular US Vee Dub mags, now it's male enhancements crap, I get enough spam emails about that stuff. I myself am not offended about it, but the magazine is not worth the 17 bucks a year or whatever the subscription is now.

(((((DITTO)))))
I havn't seen the lastest Trends but I here that CB Performance pulled there adds from Trends. Maybe the grow your dugan adds are there to make up for that.

boygenius July 26th 2004 22:19

Car enhancement and male enhancement all in the same magazine... I'll take ten...

Umm, how about NO.... :laugh:

Kafer_Mike July 27th 2004 13:22

Personally, I consider some of the cars featured to be a natural male enhancements. :D The articles and commentary, on the other hand, usually have the opposite effect... :sleep:

NO_H2O July 27th 2004 14:13

I saw the Sept. Trends on the stand a Publix today. Just as I was told, CB Performance has pulled their advertising dollars from VW Trends. They ran a 2 page add for years. That had to hurt. They need to do something to get their circulation back up and advertisers back or they will not be around long.

boygenius July 27th 2004 19:28

Maybe some of the European magazines will see an opportunity to expand their subscribers and start selling more mags here. :agree: