GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   Boxer AutoGruppe (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Pick apart my ’71 Super (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10497)

petevw March 25th 2010 18:42

Pick apart my ’71 Super

Bought a ’71 Super a few years ago when I was looking for engine sheetmetal. It’s rusted out bigtime, floor is on the ground, but everything is there.
Need to get it out of the way in the next few weeks, to put a shed in its place. So come and grab what you want.

PM/text/email/call me.............

Items spoken for:
E-Brake handle – Lanner
Rear seat - Laurie GONE
Ignition switch - Rob GONE
Rear trailing arms/springplates – Greg
Emergency switch – Jason GONE
Trans/Pedals/shifter – Jason (convert his AutoStick to Manual)
Engine/Gas heater –ME
Dash/rear tray metal - Sandeep GONE
Window Regultors - Leo GONE

It will get chopped up for metal scrap afterwards, unless someone wants what's left. I have the ownership papers.

Pete

Sandeep March 25th 2010 21:43

Pete,

Can you shoot me some pics of the rear luggage area from inside and outside, as well as the rear bumper mount area, if they are still available.

Thanks,

I'll PM you.

Sandeep

petevw March 25th 2010 21:58

I'll take a look tomorrow for you. I'll pull the car cover off(on it for 2yrs), let the critters out, and see what she looks like again.

Got your PM's, and i'll get back to you tommorrow night.

BTW, Bring a sawzall. :lmao:

thanks,
Pete

petevw March 26th 2010 16:00

Pulled the cover off today.

**List in first post is updated.

Note: I recently hurt myself. Got the stitches out on Monday, so my face is still sore, and broken/fractured nose is healing. So you are on your own to grab what you want. Bring tools, as I may not have everything you need. No strenuous work for me for a couple weeks. :mad:

Pete

chug_A_bug March 26th 2010 19:09

DUDE that Sucks sorry to hear that...
what all did you do to get like that??

Get better man
Chris.

petevw March 26th 2010 20:59

Long story.......Crotch cooler fought back.....:lmao:.......Next meet we'll talk.

Sandeep March 28th 2010 09:14

Thanks for an interesting afternoon Pete. Glad to see that the passenger's door closes good as new again :D

Sandeep

Rob March 29th 2010 07:45

Hey guys, that was quite the project.
Did you get that rear area out as well ?

Unfortunately the switch did not fit :( Must be some special 1970 only item, gonna have to check the swapmeets.

Pete, let me know if you need a hand pulling the motor and trans.

Rob.

TunedPerfection April 1st 2010 01:09

I have a buddy building a trike that needs the ownership Pete. We'll talk.

TunedPerfection April 1st 2010 13:33

oh, and if the sway bar comes off I have a guy in Equador looking for one! :D

Bug@5speed(US) April 1st 2010 18:20

Did not know there was a VW scene there, also guess you meant Ecuador, vs Equador.. My grandma is rolling in her grave :)
VR
Alex

TunedPerfection April 2nd 2010 22:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bug@5speed(US) (Post 75163)
Did not know there was a VW scene there, also guess you meant Ecuador, vs Equador.. My grandma is rolling in her grave :)
VR
Alex

Yeah, sorry about the spelling. I don't find myself having to spell Ecuador that often. It was a kid up here to learn English and it looks like he got pretty good from the e-mail he sent me. Bought stuff like an aluminum degree pulley from me and a few other things. He said he can't get anything performance down there. So there may not be much of a VW Scene so to say.

petevw April 7th 2010 22:13

First post is updated.

Too bad it is wet out. I really wanted to pull the drivetrain during the week. It will have to wait till the weekend. Weather should be better.

Anyone need anything else?

Pete