GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   VolkSport Käfer Gruppe (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Club funds (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9677)

NO_H2O August 20th 2008 18:24

Club funds

Our club has just under $600 in an acount that Beth set up for us. The acount has been inactive other than Beth taking the time to pull some out and put it back just to have a bit of activity. She asked me what we should do about it. I first asked Zen if he needed ant of it to pay for the website we had and he said no. I have only had one idea so I will throw it out for a vote. If we are going to meet up at Road Atlanta for the Petit Le Mans, we could use the funds for a ticket pool.
Club members, please voice your comments and ideas here so we can do something with the funds for our members. Most of the funds we got from the Dyno Day that we put on at Fisher Buggies a couple years back.

wrenchnride247 August 20th 2008 20:57

Not sure if I can make it to PLM this year...any other ideas?

massIVe 79 vert August 20th 2008 21:07

I don't have any ideas either.....:confused: Just seems a shame for it not to be used at all.

There's funds left from the Dyno Day at Fisher's and the 50/50 and raffle ticket sales from Dyno Day in Peachtree City (2006 I think).

C4 Metal Werks August 21st 2008 02:37

I just donated some funds. Maybe more Volks need to pitch in. Hopefully this Winter I will manufacture some suspension parts that can be sold thru GL.com and that will create a little bit

zen August 21st 2008 08:56

C4, this is about the VKG club, not GL.com.

VKGers, I didn't have any better ideas either. I will put more thought into it. Spending it on a way to get together makes the most sense, but trying to appeal to the masses (schedule, location) there may be challenging.

I thought maybe club merchandies (t-shirts or whatever), but seeing as we have this problem because the club is so inactive, that just doesn't make sense.

I'll keep thinking, but I am certainly up for the PLM path.

NO_H2O August 21st 2008 12:38

I wish the Sept Bug Fair was going to happen. We could have done something then.:(

yellow73 August 22nd 2008 16:37

PLM would be good and another idea might be EuroFest?

zen September 5th 2008 23:26

Not many ideas flowing in and time running out for PLM if that is what we are going to do. For the lack of any other ideas myself, I say we go for it.

NO_H2O September 6th 2008 01:34

OK, we have 3 votes for PLM, 1 vote for Euro Autofest and 1 for something else. I will call Panel and Laz to see if they have any input. For now I will say.

Going Once.

massIVe 79 vert September 6th 2008 17:53

Just got our PLM tickets and RV pass in the mail yesterday :D
It's coming up very soon...Should be a good time!

NO_H2O September 6th 2008 18:19

I left voicemail with Panel and spoke to Laz. They sould be along to let us know what they are thinking.

Panelfantastic September 6th 2008 20:37

Sorry guys, bizzy week for me.
I vote PLM too. Seems the best place with the most of the club able to go.
Take lots of pics to post for us long distance folks!

Jeff-

NO_H2O September 7th 2008 02:08

OK how many Sat. tickets will we need. Please list how many you will need. I think the Sat. tickets are $55 ea in advance.

Panelfantastic September 7th 2008 08:45

None for me. All the local folks should go! You will have a blast!

Jeff-

wrenchnride247 September 8th 2008 22:56

I'm not going to make it either...