GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   VolkSport Käfer Gruppe (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   New Toys for the DTM shop (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8480)

NO_H2O March 20th 2007 22:44

New Toys for the DTM shop

3 Attachment(s)
Kevin picked up a couple new toys for the shop. He got the deal of the century on these babies. The pix here are before cleaning and painting (I did that today). We have cleaned out the parts room and moved it to another room and before long (after epoxy floor coating and wiring) we will have a nice Fab Room with Blast cabinet, welder, parts washer, Bridgport mill (with DRO/Power feed and VS head), Atlas lathe (12x40) and a floof standing belt sander. I think we will stuff an 80 gal. 2 stage air compressor in there as well.

V73W March 21st 2007 00:11

Now if I could just get some money to help you put those new toys to good use:D

Massive Type IV March 21st 2007 00:47

That lathe looks like a knock off of my southbend, its damn near identical..

That blast cabinet looks familiar... I believe it came from Heaven......

NO_H2O March 21st 2007 08:10

Yes. The blast cab came from Aircooled heaven. It got a gun rebuild, new gaskets and some stickers.:agree:
The Altas, South Bend and old Craftsmans were all made in the same plant from what I read. That old Bridgport look like it did alot more sitting than it did working. It is a tight machine. The ways and gibbs look like they are new.

wrenchnride247 March 21st 2007 11:18

Those will come in handy. Nothing like having "in house" machine shop...

NO_H2O March 21st 2007 15:01

5 Attachment(s)
We started early this morning on a GI party of sorts. Got the floor of the fab room acid etched, final paint on the equipment, painted the work bench tops with the leftover paint, moved the mill in place and put a thick coat of grey epoxy down on the fab room floor complete with blue flakes. The floor should be cured enough to walk on tomorow and enough to set the rest of the equipment on by Friday.

NO_H2O March 21st 2007 15:04

3 Attachment(s)
More pix.:agree:

NO_H2O March 22nd 2007 19:07

4 Attachment(s)
All the stuff is set in place and ready to wire/plumb.

yellow73 March 22nd 2007 21:39

Wow,
The shop is coming along really nicely....
You will have people lining up for work even more than they already are!!!

zen March 23rd 2007 10:41

can i come play? :D

congrats. cool stuff.

Mikey March 23rd 2007 17:35

The shop looks great, I would love to see it all in person. :cool:

NO_H2O March 23rd 2007 19:10

Mikey, you will have to stop in and see it. Be warned, we might put you to work.:rolleyes: Zen will need to come over and sort out the last few tasks he has.

Mikey March 23rd 2007 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by NO_H2O (Post 58104)
Mikey, you will have to stop in and see it. Be warned, we might put you to work. :rolleyes:

Haha, I've heard that before. I asked Tim, you mind if I hang out?
4 years later, I'm still working at his shop. :laugh:

oasis March 24th 2007 16:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey (Post 58101)
The shop looks great, I would love to see it all in person. :cool:

I saw it in person before the improvements. It is nothing short of great. :agree: :agree: