GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   VolkSport Käfer Gruppe (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Panelfantastic's old Panel on ebay??? (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8646)

vujade May 19th 2007 23:24

Panelfantastic's old Panel on ebay???

Ebay

Hey Panel, thats alot more then you sold it for isnt it? :confused:

My bad Panel.... :)

Mikey May 20th 2007 11:55

Holly Sunday! That's a lot. I'd love to own it, but it was cheaper the first time around. :eek:

Do you mean Panel?

wrenchnride247 May 20th 2007 12:28

Yep, it was panel's. Laz has a SB that is waiting on a MassIVe drive train :D

yetibone May 20th 2007 14:35

I noticed a couple of inconsistencies in his description of the vehicle. Honest mistakes, I guess...

I'd like to call and ask how much it cost him to build...

NO_H2O May 21st 2007 01:27

I like the fact that he gives his mechanical background and then all the specs and forgets all about the man that realy built it.:rolleyes:

Massive Type IV May 21st 2007 08:36

From the Ad

Quote:

I am a retired, factory trained Porsche/Volkswagen/Ferrari technician and a Certified (A.S.E.) Master Auto Technician with more than 35 years’ experience working on these vehicles and fabricating race cars and boats
...so.... In other words he is saying that he is a know it all asshole that believes all that experience makes it acceptable to ilustrate someone elses work as his own..

I hate those jackasses.. As soon as I saw the "35 years of experience" I almost lost my breakfast.. Those damn guys screw up more than anyone else- glad to see that he retired!

Quote:

is dependable, strong and could be driven anywhere, every day, without worry.
Wow, it states that it only has 500 miles on the odometer.. Thats a bold sentence to be making about a vehicle so modified that has only proven it's self for 500 miles! He must be very confident in his work! Hell he sounds like a God, maybe he'll just miracle the vehicle to perfection!

On a different note- I know some guys that might want to buy that Panel...

A trip to Tokyo might be in its future... (not being shipped there, being driven!"

Lazarus May 21st 2007 16:36

could someone please edit the title of this post so nobody gets the wrong idea.:doh:

petevw May 21st 2007 18:04

I thought this post was about your super! :laugh:

yetibone May 21st 2007 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Massive Type IV (Post 59207)

A trip to Tokyo might be in its future... (not being shipped there, being driven!"

Driven across the Pacific..?

NO_H2O May 21st 2007 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus (Post 59215)
could someone please edit the title of this post so nobody gets the wrong idea.:doh:

There you go. Remove Laz,,, insert Panel

Massive Type IV May 21st 2007 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by yetibone (Post 59219)
Driven across the Pacific..?

When the ocean becomes an obstacle it's nothing that a trip on a boat won't solve. When dry land is reached unload and carry on until another boat is needed for a pond jump..

BUT it appears that this vehicle was a tad too modified for the guys that I thought might want to use it for this extreme display of technology, they want a docile and rather stock appearing vehicle... And the engine needs to be inside the vehicle for maintenance/ manipulation while cruising down the road.(mid engine VW Bus would work great!)

If things continue to go well you might be reading about it soon...

Thats all I can say.

Mikey May 21st 2007 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Massive Type IV (Post 59207)
From the Ad

...so.... In other words he is saying that he is a know it all asshole that believes all that experience makes it acceptable to ilustrate someone elses work as his own..

I hate those jackasses.. As soon as I saw the "35 years of experience" I almost lost my breakfast.. Those damn guys screw up more than anyone else- glad to see that he retired!

Wow, it states that it only has 500 miles on the odometer.. Thats a bold sentence to be making about a vehicle so modified that has only proven it's self for 500 miles! He must be very confident in his work! Hell he sounds like a God, maybe he'll just miracle the vehicle to perfection!

^^ I doubt I could have said it better. :)

Has panel seen the ad?

bow May 21st 2007 22:34

wow massive you feel pretty strongly about that dont you

Lazarus May 21st 2007 23:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by NO_H2O (Post 59221)
There you go. Remove Laz,,, insert Panel

thank you, unlike the seller i want the correct party to get credit for this build. namley panel.

yetibone May 22nd 2007 06:34

Should we invite the Ebay panel man in here for this discussion? :laugh: