GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   Brakes (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   R or L caliper line (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9617)

Hoghead July 18th 2008 05:34

R or L caliper line

My 996 calipers came back from the powdercoating shop all disassembled and now I do not know if the damaged bridge line is R or L. Like an idiot I did not take not before sending them off.

With the line laying on its back, nipples pointing up (LOL), the longer leg is on the L.
Is this the R or L side.

ricola July 18th 2008 06:58

I'd check piston sizes as you may have had to swap them side for side anyway...

volkdent July 18th 2008 20:14

Hey Robert, how's it going?

Any progress on any of the little side projects you've been working on? I still need to get back to Thailand, I've currently got a little guy on the way though so I'll be grounded for a bit....

Jason

Hoghead July 18th 2008 22:17

Jason
Little side projects?
House is done, Bob has got me the chassis design for the Speedster and I am now fabricating the chassis. Speedster mould is done and body #3 is coming out next week. Made a patio chair c/w integral beer cooler from the rear Speedster clip. Street rod is getting a 3" hair cut now and then off for paint. Beautification program underway on the Harley. Boat will be ready for delivery trip HK to Manila the end of Aug, and after buying fuel in Brunei onwards to Phuket. Off to Vancouver in 2 weeks.
Wow - when you write it all down it seems like a lot.

A baby on the way - congratulations

Rich
I can tell from the part number which caliper is R and L, however as the line and bleeders will go in either end it does not help me to determine which side is the damaged line.

Hoghead July 28th 2008 06:34

Problem solved - I need the L one

Should have thought a bit more before asking as once they were all spread out on the bench it became clear.

ricola July 29th 2008 10:05

Got any pics of the speedster chassis design and progress?

volkdent July 29th 2008 15:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricola (Post 66581)
Got any pics of the speedster chassis design and progress?

Ya ya, what he said!!!

Jason

Hoghead August 6th 2008 11:36

I am in Vancouver right now and can send pics when I get back. Bob at Rorty Design has yet to send me the front end design and this will be in hand mid Sept. so not much to see on the chassis as of yet

I am off boating as soon as I get back to Chiangmai, for 2-3 months so no interesting pics until around Christmas.

volkdent August 6th 2008 20:13

Nice life!!! I I'm gunna head to Vancouver at Xmas, but you don't get the beautiful weather you'll get now!!!

Bob is kind of on again/off again, as his illness can kick in whenever you patience is a requirement. But he does a great job of it once he's on, so that's good.

Keep us posted, we dont' mind boating pics either you know!

Jason