GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Here we go again... :( (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4811)

vujade September 1st 2004 11:10

Here we go again... :(

Looks like Frances is coming straight for us..... and this time its might be worse then Charlie because we wont be getting the tail end of it, but rather direct impact.

Hopefully it will turn north before it hits the coast. Otherwise, we may not have a town left....LOL :eek:

Kafer_Mike September 1st 2004 12:21

Hang in there Joe and stay safe...

vujade September 1st 2004 12:52

well I wont make a decision on what to do until tomorrow night.
If its coming accross the state... IM going towards Jax.
If its gonna turn north, we'll go towards Tampa.

zen September 1st 2004 12:55

good luck. one of the joys of living in paradise. our thoughts are with you guys. go hang out with BG. :laugh:

i haven't heard from my sister-in-law and family. they are in Ormand Beach.

NO_H2O September 1st 2004 13:17

Good luck. Stay Safe.

vujade September 1st 2004 13:25

well zen, this storm is 300 miles in diameter... it is expected to hit from west palm beach all the way up to Jax, if it stays on its present course.

Im sure this whole area is going to be under mandatory evac... :(

craazy Cooter September 1st 2004 19:11

Put on your helmet. Good luck

super vw September 1st 2004 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by craazy Cooter
Put on your helmet. Good luck

Damn straight!... better be one of those neat German military ones :D

Anyways, best of luck to you guys in the area!

boygenius September 2nd 2004 01:01

Hurricane season stinks. :( It looks like the eye will pass within 100 miles of my house so I'm at least looking at 100mph + winds. If it doesn't turn north by Thursday night I will be off to home depot to get a bunch of plywood to board up the house. Since I don't think I can get plywood to hold accross the garage door I will need to get some concrete anchor bolts to secure my body, chassis and my motorcycle to the floor incase the door blows away. I wouold hate to see all of my hard work get blown from the garage and down the street. :( :mad:

NO_H2O September 2nd 2004 07:25

Looks like ya'll should pack up and head up for the Bug Fair early. Get the screw gun/plywood and duct tape out and do the best you can. I remember getting ready for Typhoons when I was on Okinawa. The buildings on that Island were ugly but they held up to the storms well. Our place had big wooden shutters that looked like barn doors on steel tracks with big latches to cover all the windows and doors. Our oldest son is the result of Typhoon Aby almost 21 years ago, what else is there to do when your riding one out.

Supa Ninja September 2nd 2004 23:33

My thoughts and prayers are with our FL brothers. The closest I've gotten a hurricane was in '95 Felix at Virginia Beach, it was weak but the beach actually had big enough waves to boggie board on. Then in the Navy on a Carrier off the coast of Mexico we hit a El Nino storm that I walked on the walls and it put a hole in the side of the ****, with swells going over the flight deck. Nature is very powerful, especially, water and wind.

Nick

Good luck and God speed Joe and BG

boygenius September 4th 2004 00:28

Hey if anybody was curious as to where I live just follow the path of the eye of the storm as it will pass right over my house. :bawling:

vujade September 4th 2004 00:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by boygenius
Hey if anybody was curious as to where I live just follow the path of the eye of the storm as it will pass right over my house. :bawling:

hang in there B :agree:

boygenius September 4th 2004 00:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by vujade
hang in there B :agree:

Should only be a tropical storm by the time it gets to my house. I'm not too worried. The only thing that worries me is the expected 10" to 15" of rain that we are going to get. It is going to be a long miserable weekend. :(

Supa Ninja September 4th 2004 01:45

I'm glad you two are alright. :)